Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel
Newhaven Lodge(Newhaven)
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
All reviewsferry portbrewers fayreearly ferrypetrol stationthe pubcar parkno air congood nights sleepfamily roomnight's sleepbudget hotelreception staffquiet locationcomfortable bedcomfortable stayexcellent stayfollowing morning
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for one night before our daughter started at East Sussex Uni. Staff were extremely helpful, friendly and genuinely interested in why we were staying. Every member of staff - receptionists, chambermaids, breakfast staff greeted us with a smile and were a credit to Premier Inn. Location is good. I've never bothered with this type of feedback before but to be honest the staff deserve recognition for helping us enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The Premier Inn as a brand is very good. However I believe the charges are expensive for what you get. My beef is that the advert for £29 a room is very misleading and extreamly hard to get.... if you are able. Our room was £86.
I asked the staff about the details and they did not have a clue how it worked. You have to be at the right place at the right time to get a room for £29 even if you dont wish to be there.

The other thing is I absolutely refuse to pay for WiFi. £5 an hour is way over the top. You would be better off going to Macdonalds having a cuppa and having free access there.

The hotel is next too the pub which is great for meals but there was a lot of noise between midnight and 1 am. There was other noise at 3am as well.

I would think seriously about going back and only as a last resort.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My mum and I decided to stay here when we were going to the opera in Glyndebourne. We got a room for just £39 for the two of us sharing, which was far cheaper than any of the posh B&Bs advertised on the Glyndebourne website. It was a bargain! (We are told it gets this cheap on Sunday nights only.) We had a long distance to drive and found the place really easily. It is really accessible to all the motorways. The receptionist was super friendly and chatty upon our arrival. We loved our room. It was spacious and comfy with a nice bathroom, towels and tea and coffee facilites.

The only problem was the soap dispenser in the bathroom didn't work properly and soap didnt come out. The receptionist came immediately to investigate, but was unable to get it repaired as it was a Sunday but she gave us a handful of bars of soap instead and also brought us extra towels, which made up for it.

We dressed up for the opera in our room and the receptionist made a point of telling us how nice we looked and then we went to the opera. We came back and the receptionist enquired how it went and we had a great chat. We then retired to our rooms, watched TV and relaxed.

The hotel was quiet, even though we were on the ground floor and we both slept well. It has ample parking. We had breakfast in the pub room next door to the bedroom area and it was fabulous. It was posh and clean and there was a wide range of food served, with a waitress service. I don't like cooked breakfasts but they had plenty for the likes of me liked freshly baked croissants baked to order) and interesting juices and cereals and fruit. For £39 you cannot beat this!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The staff were friendly and helpfull, The price was good as we booked in advance on line. The location was excellent including the close locality of a super store.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed here on Fri July 29th and Sat July 30th to attend a family wedding in the area, 2 couples and 2 singles, all 45+ and occupying 4 rooms.
I have stayed in many Premier Inns and this rates very highly. The staff were very helpful and accommodating, transferring us to a more suitable room very quickly when we pointed out that the very soft mattress in our room was not suitable for me, as I have a back problem. They also provided a comfortable armchair in my elderly mother's room, as she has bad arthritis.
The weather was hot and electric table fans had been provided in the rooms. Our room on the gournd floor was, however, still quite stuffy.
"The Drove" restaurant attached to the hotel provides good quality, well-served and reasonably priced food - we ate dinner and 2 breakfasts there and were very satisfied.
However, having to pay £92 per night (not inc breakfast) was, I felt, a bit steep. We booked well in advance, checking the website on numerous occasions, but no special offers were ever available at this site for our dates. We have stayed in many Premier Inns and have never had to pay more than £60 per night.
However, overall, a very positive experience - all was clean and comfortable and the service was excellent. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family