“Excellent, as always!”
Review of The Viceroy

The Viceroy
Reserve with OpenTable
The Viceroy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Newhaven
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Always a good curry and friendly (but not over the top) service!

1  Thank AndrewJHarvey1

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Absolutely adore this restaurant, luckily found it by using the Tripadvisor app and was compelled to leave it a review!

Not going to make this long, but must have been one the best quality Indian I've had in a while.

The only complain would have been the price, a bit on the pricey side but I don't mind as it was quality food.

1  Thank TravisMcCoy
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I recently visited a friend who just moved Newhaven so I she was just starting to get to know the area. I planned on staying for about a month so finding all of the essentials like nearby grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants of course, are the first things I look for to make my "regular place". Not only is it a beautiful, peaceful place to live, but there are a lot of choices for restaurants in Newhaven. I happened to driving around looking for good restaurants in Newhaven when I turned onto Bridge St. It looked to me as though if I was going to find a good restaurant in Newhaven that this was the street to be on.
I am a big fan of Indian food which made my first restaurant in Newhaven The Viceroy. I must say that the food and atmosphere here is absolutely exquisite. It seems like every time I go to The Viceroy, they are busy. This is a good thing to me because it means that I am not the only one who fancies the food. Recently, I gave up eating red meat so Indian restaurants in Newhaven have been my go to thing. I ordered the Nilgiri Duck. The gentleman who always takes my order is as polite a man as you will meet. All of the employees there are very kind, assisting people who have an extensive knowledge of the foods being served. My Nilgiri Duck is delightfully delectable every time I order it. The duck itself is always juicy and full of taste. With the amount of sides you get a The Viceroy, it is more than enough to fill you up. In the case that the main course at the best restaurant in Newhaven doesn’t fill you up, I recommend all of their deserts, especially the Fantasitca. Chocolate balls covered in caramel and toffee chips makes one of the best deserts in Newhaven to finish off your meal. Even today I am back in the states craving some of The Viceroy's food.

1  Thank IndianFoodFanatic
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Went with family members, food was hot, tasty, good service, but it was freezing in the restaurant. Did eat early so it must have just opened. Words of warning, when going to eat there dont wear your skimpy dress. Did ruin the evening..... it was minus 4 out and about that in!

1  Thank Jacqui C
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I was in England with my spouse for a visit on October. We heard that English prided to have some of the best Indian restaurants in the world wanted to have dine in an Indian restaurant . My spouse asked for recommendations from the hotel staff and most recommended some local restaurants which we were not happy with. We finally read The Argus newspaper and read about the one of the highly rated restaurant named The Viceroy. It was rightly name The Viceroy (who were top officials who ruled East India). Our experience can be summed up in one single phrase - Royal delight. When we reached there we were greeted graciously by the manager Abdul Ahmed and he asked the waiter Zayed who gave us the best place in the restaurant so me and my spouse can have some private time cuddling. Our vegetarian meals for two was one of the best with onion bhaji, vegetable samosa as starters and our main entrees were vegetable korai and vegetable masala, raitha, sag aloo (potato and spinach) , rice, poppadoms and delicious nan. The food was the real Indian food we had in a long time and not to mention the service was great. They gave us a compliment desert Rosh malai whcih was the cherry on the top.

We would love to head back anytime we are in NewHaven as we really loved it and it is hard to find something similar in States.