“Good service and food at reasonable price”
Review of Padella D'oro

Padella D'oro
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Newhaven
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have eaten at this restaurant several times now and each time we have been welcomed with a warm and friendly reception and have been served good, tasty Italian food.

Having eaten at various establishments in Rome I would say the food served at Padella O'oro's is of a very high standard with fresh vegetables available.

The atmosphere is just right but more importantly the service is excellent.

4  Thank StarskyEastSussex

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

The food here is reasonably priced and very good quality. Well prepared And presented. We have eaten here several times and have never had a bad meal. Really cosy and perfect for a romantic meal. Only one guy waits on you
But I don't see this as a negative. I like to take my time and if I wanted fast food I'd have gone to mcdonalds. Try it, you'll love it

3  Thank IcecoldPinacolada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We booked and went there on a Tuesday evening at 7.30. There was one spare table for two which was taken soon after we arrived. So the resturant was now full at 22 covers.
We ordered after about fifteen minutes wait, and then we waited. We waited forty minutes for our first course to arrive. The starters were acceptable, although the calamari were pretty tasteless. Then we waited another fifty minutes for our main course. The (single) waiter came and apologised and offered drinks on the house to compensate, and we carried on waiting. The food finally arrived and again it was okay. Homemade ravioli with spinch and cream were a little too 'al dente' and my risotto was a little too stodgy.
I couldn't be bothered to complain because it was 9.30 by now and we'd been there two hours already. As soon as we'd finished I got the bill - I would have had desert and coffee, but I could face waiting even longer.
Other tables faced equally long waiting time (and complaining), so it wasn't just us. I think there was only one person in the kitchen and I think they were having severe difficulties coping and the food suffered as a result.
Don't go here if you have other things to do that evening.

4  Thank Nick J
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Everyone else was awful!
The food was pretty good and the waiter friendly.
Would probably not return, as the entire area did not have much going for it.

3  Thank Helaina
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Have lived in Newhaven for 6 months. The town doesn't have much in the way of restaurants, but the Padella D'oro would stand out even if there were lots of them! The food is excellent, and service and atmosphere are great. It is a real oasis in a pretty infertile environment, and we were surprised and overjoyed to find such a terrific place to eat. Cannot praise it highly enough.

2  Thank Dave G