“Great little getaway”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Oast

Upstairs WC
Kitchen/ Diner
Bedroom 2
Sitting room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Greg S
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great little getaway”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We drove there in February on a Friday evening through torrential downpours so it was a welcome treat to arrive to this lovely little place on a picturesque farm which was stiocked up already with all the essentials, bread, milk, butter, eggs, coffee etc. That great little touch is unusual at least for me having stayed at a number of similar places and saved us having to go and sort it ourselves. Definately recommended...pity we picked the worst weekend to go though....If Dahne could control the weather too it would be a 6!!

Your age range 35-49
Jacqui W
Horley, England, United Kingdom
“Homely and cosy little getaway”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

The Oast is a lovely cosy little place, containing everything you could need for a comfortable stay away from home in the peaceful countryside. We really appreciated the basic food supplies all ready for us when we arrived, and were impressed by the standard of decor and facilities. I packed layers expecting to be chilly, as rental places often are in the winter, but was pleasantly surprised to find it warm and welcoming. Don't forget your wellies (and slippers for the tiled floor) and you can't go wrong!

Traveling group: Extended Family
BenJSmyth
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Full of character, peaceful and perfect for a retreat from normal life”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

We booked The Oast for a surprise birthday weekend for my partner - the two of us, our 2 year old and my partner's sister and partner. We wanted a relaxing, peaceful, country getaway. The Oast was absolutely perfect.

We arrived and were greeted by Daphne who let us in and gave us a quick brief of The Oast. There was a folder of information describing the farm and its origins and recommendations of areas to visit nearby.

The kitchen was well kitted out - tea, coffee, milk, biscuits, eggs, butter, washing up liquid, cooking oil, cleaning equipment and quite a bit more. Very generous indeed and really made us feel welcome.

The Oast itself is full of character, great sized rooms but still very cosy. The main double bedroom is fantastic and very spacious. We took a walk around the grounds, through the fields. Very picturesque. Even our two year old managed the mile and a half walk and loved seeing the cows and Daphne's cat!

I would highly recommend The Oast to anybody. A really welcoming place and one I hope to return to again this year - perhaps in the summer when it's not quite as wet!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
12Travell...
UK
“Absolute heaven!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

I booked this cottage at the last minute (on the morning of arrival) and I could not have asked for a better place.

When we got there we found a welcome basket with everything one could need to start off the holiday in peace and tranquility (fresh crusty bread, butter, 2 pints of milk, free range eggs, sugar, instant coffee, tea, decaf coffee, Dorset muesli, fresh fruit and biscuits). This is incredibly generous and very thoughtful from Daphne.

The cottage is lovely and peaceful set in a beautifully tranquil location, lovely for kids and adults as well. Inside it there are all amenities one would expect however, the standard and quality of furnishings is very high! The bed is incredibly comfortable and, on close inspection, is a John Lewis king size bed with high quality matters. I have the same one at home as I like my luxury sleep and it is lovely to see that cost is not an issue for Daphne who strives to give her guests the best of everything.

Kitchen has everything one could need cooker, oven, microwave, fridge and biggish freezer, and washing machine. It was a lovely surprise when I opened the cupboard to find all that I might need for cooking i.e. salt, pepper, vinegar, spices,oil, etc and all the cleaning materials as well including washing powder. This is lovely as the children got muddy and I was able to clean their clothes.

There is a family bathroom which is brand new and lovely and another toilet upstairs which also had brand new fittings.

I am so happy with the holiday and am already planning my next visit. Thank you Daphne for a very relaxing and pleasant stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Piece and quiet.
Liked least: Could not work out the heating timings but I'm not great when it comes to technology.
Friends getaway Older travelers
hovebloke
hove
“A very lovely break....”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

We have just enjoyed the most fantastic week at the Oast. My wife and our small daughter (15 months old) absolutely loved the accommodation, setting and welcome we received from Daphne.
The Oast and the farm gave us the peace and solitude we needed after a very busy year and provided the perfect base for us to explore the Sussex countryside and especially the Ashdown forest. Thank you very much Daphne (& Terry) - we will be back - be warned!

Liked best: everything!
Janettean...
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

Had a lovely time in this great cottage would love to go back.location and amenities are great,bed were very comfy nice to have tea and coffee butter milk so we could have a cup of tea before unpacking

Liked best: All of hoilday
Liked least: Weather
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
AMTesta
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Picturesque and perfect -- everything I was looking for”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

I was bringing my mom to England to visit for the first time. I could not have asked for a better cottage. The cottage is located in the most beautiful part of England with rolling hills of farmland and wood. The cottage is on a secluded, narrow lane that is characteristic of England. We spent a week and that was not even enough time to enjoy all there is to see in the south of England. There is unlimited space to walk and enjoy the peacefulness of nature around the cottage and on the farm's property. There are nearby villages with quaint old pubs and shops. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The cottage itself was well stocked and very comfortable, getting my best sleep in months! I would say that the cottage fits four adults most comfortably, there are sufficient tv stations (if you want to watch English tv), the washing machine was very useful and the kitchen had everything we needed. We are most grateful for the opportunity to stay here and appreciate the kind graciousness of our hosts!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: beauty of the location
Liked least: I don't think the property had wifi, if it did, I couldn't get it to work...
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing