“Great hotel & food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Middle House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mayfield
The Middle House
Ranked #1 of 2 Mayfield B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel & food”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We have been staying here for 20 years now & always been spoilt. Staff are friendly & attentive. Food in the bar or resturant is always excellent. Not the cheapest place to stay or eat, but good value for the quality. We will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Room 105 at the back is the biggest & quietest.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Deightful place to stay with great food. Staff are very friendly
And will make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2011
tunbridge wells
Reviewed November 7, 2011

must have been here over 100 times,not had a bad meal yet but have many great ones

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gary o
uk
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed as a business traveller and found it a very pleasant change from the usual motels.

I was warmly welcomed and enjoyed sampling a few of the local, real ales in the atmospheric bar downstairs. I opted for a cavery which was probably on the top end of averagely priced. Tasted delicious.

The breakfast range was great, although I would've liked to have seen more, evident use of local produce.

The room was very authentic for this type of building and was well-priced. My only slight issue was that the authentic windows were paper thin meaning that I could hear every single car that went passed in the night. There wasn't many of them but each of them woke me.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Every time I have eaten in this pub I wonder why there can't be more like it. The service is superb (you see the same staff time and time again - maybe explains why the service is great) the choice on the menu and the quality of the food is better than anything else in the area. I am more than happy to pay the prices asked - portions are so huge you really don't need starters or a dessert - maybe leave room for another pint of Harveys.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank fras1977
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Arrived in pouring rain and though walked into The Middle house hopeing a good meal and was not let down. This was a great find never been to Mayfield before nor the area we was not aware of this great venue for a meal. Owner Brian was a legend he chatted to us as we stood by the bar until we sat down to order our meal, my choice the Middle house burger after a short wait it arived and a bigger or better burger you won't find. All in 11 of us ordered and all was very happy with what we got served. Then seeing the deserts being passed out I wished I would have room for one of them aswell.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Mayfield is a lovely village and very much on our doorstep. had nt eaten at the Middle house but had been told it is nice. waited in the busy bar area for our friends and had a pre dinner drink and a look at the menu. First impressions were that prices were on the expensive side- unfortunately 2 of the 4 could nt have the Skate as there was nt any! a bit annoying as was nt told until we were ready to order- so a frantic re- look to choose something else. Restaurant area is small but beautifully laid out (thought that the dining chairs were a bit mod for the setting). our waitress was lovely altho i felt perhaps a little inexperienced-probably better suited to the bar area next door.
My friend was very surprised to note that the wine glasses and water pitcher on the table were of a very cheap quality.(cash and carry) A bit of a shame as the wine we ordered was not cheap.
Food was ok but not brilliant- for the price charged I would have expected better. The beautifully cooked ribeye steak was unfortunately covered by a red wine and mushroom sauce which to be honest was more Homepride than home made! my friends plaice was good tho.
There are so many lovely pubs in this part of the Uk doing it alot better so I probably wont return.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank oscarbailey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayfield
Buxted Park Hotel
Hever Hotel
Hever Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hever
Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant

Been to The Middle House? Share your experiences!