“Place to Stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Girard
Reviewed March 11, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnmanager1, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites Youngstown / Girard Ohio, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Reviewed February 16, 2014

First the good: the rooms are pretty big, clean, bed is fine enough. This all warrants a perfectly fine hotel. But...then the Days Inn goes out of their way in ensure you have a bad experience.

When we first walked into the room, we were overwhelmed with an extremely powerful smell of cleaning product. After a couple more smells, we realized it was an overboard Febreeze job that did little to cover the fact that someone had been smoking in the room...alot. No other rooms were available, so we were stuck with Febreeze/tobacco room.

The second issue is that it's loud! You can hear everything that happens in the hall and the room next to you. This was especially fun as we were next to the breakfast area and were awoken at 6:30 by conversations of other hotel guests. ...and we were woken up again at 7...7:30...

Finally, what is with the staff? Every interaction with them was unpleasant. Asking for an extra blanket illicited an obvious, over the top sigh, as she had to let me know what a huge burden I was putting on her. Check in was greeted with an unsmiling middle aged woman who spoke with a sharp tone, and when I asked what my room number was, she said "It's on the card sir!". When I informed her it wasn't, her response wasn't to apologize, but take the card without a word, write the number down on the card and slam it back on the counter without a word. I was nothing but polite the entire time so I wonder what in the hell her problem was and why was it taken out on customers? The final customer service award goes to the lady in the morning. When asking for a late checkout, I was told in a very rude to "Sir, we have a lot of other guests coming and can't be making exceptions..." at this point I hung up. I'm perfectly fine being told I can't get a late checkout. I'm not okay with miserable clerks treating me like I'm the worlds biggest jerk for asking.

After writing this...why did. I give it even two stars? This was a miserable hotel experience and it didn't have to be. Treating customers with a modicum of dignity would go a long way. But I'm done with this place and recommend it only to those who enjoy surly clerks who take their bad days out on customers.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Atom H
Reviewed February 12, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2014

After checking in and got into room, the heat was turned off(mind you, it was 10 degrees outside), it had to be in the 50's. It took forever to get warmed up, and I don't believe the heater was working properly. Luckily I took a shower that night because in the morning there was no hot water. The bed was comfortable and slept well, but overall it was not a very comfortable stay.

1  Thank Connie L
daysinnmanager1, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites Youngstown / Girard Ohio, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property. We try very hard to provide our guests with a good experience. I am sorry for the issues that inconvenienced you while you were here. We appreciate you bringing this up to us and this will be brought before our staff and definitely taken care of.

Again, thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and we hope that you might give us another chance if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

1  Thank Tarany A
Reviewed January 15, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia C

Reviewed January 11, 2014

1  Thank Jim C
daysinnmanager1, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites Youngstown / Girard Ohio, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Girard
Comfort Suites Youngstown North
#16 of 37 in Youngstown
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown
Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80

Been to Days Inn & Suites Youngstown / Girard Ohio? Share your experiences!