“A first class cafe experience.”
Review of The Pantry Coffee Shop - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Pantry Coffee Shop
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had the all day breakfast. Generous portions freshly cooked. Quick efficient service. Friendly staff. Pleasant atmosphere. We will be back.

There are newer reviews for The Pantry Coffee Shop

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We love it!!! Great for lunch , breakfast and shopping. !! We often stop on our way to the ashdown forest to walk our dog and service is always super friendly and cakes and sandwiches all home made. They also sell handmade cards , fresh eggs and local bread !!!excellent value for money

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We love The Pantry in Hartfield and often stop for breakfast or a snack when we are in that area. There are often groups of cyclists, walkers and local people relaxing, chatting together and generally contibuting to the relaxed vibe. saying that, service is prompt as well as friendly. We called in for afternoon tea (scones, jam and cream) today and were on a strict timetable - we had to leave withing 20 minutes, and it still managed to feel like a relaxing experience.

The refurbished barn is a lovely setting with big comfortable leather sofas as well as tables and chairs. They also sell tempting cakes to take home (lemon drizzle cake is yummy), and you can even buy a handbag!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I'd been walking with my daughter in the Ashdown forest, which really should be called the Ashdown heathland, there are so few trees spread out over such a large area. Anyway, on the way home we called into the Pantry Coffee Shop which is just off the main road at the North end of the village. There is parking around the back. Once inside we ordered a latte, hot chocolate and a slice of chocolate cake and were asked to sit down. After a long wait, I've no idea how long because I wasn't timing it, but it felt at least three times longer than it should have been, the order arrived. The hot chocolate, at £2.50, was disappointing because of its size (small) and taste (cheap). The latte, at £2.30, was disappointing because of its size (small) although I imagine some people might like the taste. The cake, at £2.50, topped off this disappointing visit by being really dried out and very thinly sliced. I didn't know you could slice a cake that thin, but then it was really dry and hard, so it might be possible.
The decor inside is nice, its clean, the staff are friendly. If they sort out the portions, speed of service and quality of products, then I think this could be really good and somewhere we would go to again.
Reading that I sound really grumpy, but I've just come back from another day out in Hastings and the two places we visited for something to eat got it right. I stand by my comments above.

6  Thank GlyderFawr