“Exactly what I wanted from a quick business stay”
Review of Brambletye Hotel

Brambletye Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Forest Row
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed in a refurbished room, which was lovely, very clean, large & comfy.
Despite being on a main road, the traffic noise whilst audible didn't prevent me from having a really decent night's sleep.
Service was really friendly, and I would definitely stay there again (business or personal).
I was a wee bit disappointed with my hot breakfast - it was hot & tasted great, but there wasn't a lot of it on the plate (given that I ordered a subset of the vegetarian breakfast).
The hotel was perfectly located for me, and had car parking available - so overall my stay was exactly what I wanted from a quick (one night) business visit.

Room Tip: I paid a tad extra for a refurbished room, and whilst I don't know what the other rooms are like...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SamF_Entrepreneur

Reviewed October 17, 2012

As the title says even better second time around. Comfortable clean really pleasant helpful staff. Second visit after all the rooms have been refurbished and its a true success. Good sized room with all the amenities.

Room Tip: Not maybe your first choice of area but this can tick a lot of boxes, if you are visiting within the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My Mother and I stayed at the Bramletye Hotel on 15th Oct 2012. Sadly it was for one night only. Mum & I wanted to stay for a week. We loved it.!!! The staff were so helpful and kind. As my Mother is 83yrs old & I am disabled they couldnt do enough to accomodate us. There was no twin groundfloor rooms left, But they very quickly put an extra single bed in our room. We still had plenty of room to move about. It was fabulous. Our dinner was just yummy. We both had the Lamb shanks with creamy mash and seasonal veg. Superb. We chose to eat in the bar restaurant, But look forward to our return visit to try the other option. Breakfast was equaly as scrummy. Cereals, fruit juice. English breakfast. Plenty of toast and yogurts. Everywhere was so clean. Mum & I are returning in April 2013 for a longer stay. But if I had my way I will be back next month.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Shame to say this hotel has a lot of potential but some staff require training in serving the public. The Hotel is pleasant with its location close to Winnie the Pooh country. Stacks of walks and beautiful countryside. We had four nights in a very quiet room, well kept and clean. We ate there for three evenings. One or two of the staff were well trained and we got a great welcome but not so great a departure. Service was poor and a request for afternoon tea and a sandwich landed us at Tescos for prepacked sandwiches and a drink. Food was average. It was suggested this was due to new management. Let's hope things have improved.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2012

To Biba and her colleagues at the Brambletye thank you for looking after us. A warm welcome and discreet efficient service. A comfortable bed and tasty food breakfast was filling with a good variety for most tastes. The dinner menu was extensive and lots to choose from. We were grateful for the late bar.

Dom S Bobstow

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Friendly, welcoming staff and a comfortable, well-appointed room with all the usual facilities gave us a great start. Prompt attention was given to minor difficulty with room safe.
Breakfast was very good with quick service and the room was kept scrupulously clean with fresh towels each day.
Overall, we had a very comfortable stay in a well situated hotel providing good value for money in a lovely village, ideal for visiting the Ashdown Forest and surrounding area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The Staff were very helpful and friendly.
The room was very comfortable.
The breakfast was excellent.Tea making facilities were good.
There was nothing in the mini bar which was a lIttle disapointing but by far the best hotel in Forest Row.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Buxted Park Hotel
Buxted Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Uckfield

Been to Brambletye Hotel? Share your experiences!