“The best roast!”
Review of The Wheel Inn

The Wheel Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Burwash
Description: The Wheel Inn is a family run fresh, local, food establishment. After being closed for over a year Jack has worked very hard to bring the pub back to its former glory. We serve freshly cooked traditional pub food with a restaurant twist. We also have an impressive drinks offering with local ales including Harvey's and Doombar.
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

My boys and I visited today for Sunday lunch, service was amazing didn’t wait long for food which was one of the nicest roasts I’ve had in ages! Absolutely huge even the kids sizes were big!! Lovely garden at the back with a bouncy castle and play equipment, literally couldn’t of asked for a nicer afternoon xx

1  Thank bespokezoe

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic pub. Friendly staff who can't do enough for you and lovely atmosphere. Excellent food and plenty of it at reasonable prices and freshly cooked. Five stars every time we've been. Thanks!

Reviewed July 11, 2018

We visited The Wheel again yesterday evening and as usual had a wonderful time. The staff made us feel welcome and understood our desire to be away from the screen showing the World Cup. Although admittedly the sound was down in the bar as England wasn't playing. The food as usual was delicious. Large portions, freshly prepared and delivered with a smile. We went home very satisfied. we recommend a visit very soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We stopped off to The Wheel Inn after a day of water sports at Camper sands.
The pub is a lovely pub, large with restaurant area.
Staff were lovely, very efficient and attention to detail is exquisite.
Steak was cooker to perfection and finished off with a banoffie to share and that is one not to missed.
Wine tasty, doom bar fresh out the barrel.
Thank you, we will be back.

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

We came here because my grandfather brought my aunt 40 years ago and she wanted to bring back some memories.

Staff are really friendly and served us at the table. We were given some homemade crisps and dip which was a nice touch.

I ordered a jacket with prawn, salmon, creme fresh and horseradish and my aunt ordered salad with the same topping.

My jacket was luke warm and the prawns were warmer! The sauce was extremely watery and no horseradish was tasted. There was a tiny slither of salmon. The jacket was dark brown inside and didn’t taste quite right. My aunts salad was just lettuce with the topping dumped on the top with a slice of bread.

Unfortunately I was in the loo when the plates where taken and my aunt wasn’t brave enough to say anything!

Extremely overpriced for what you get but looking at the reviews on here, it must be just a bad day.

Date of visit: July 2018
Davefalco, Manager at The Wheel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

I apologise profusely for your experience with us.

I will be launching a full investigation as to why your meal was treated with such neglect and why you were not checked on during your meal.

I would like to offer you both a free meal to return whenever you please. I can assure you that you will not be disappointed. You’re meal with be made with the passion and care that it should have been on your first visit.

I do hope you take us up on this offer, if you have any other comments or questions please feel free to email me: eyreschloe@icloud.com