“Very family friendly, good food at reasonable prices”
Review of Italian way

Italian way
Ranked #20 of 128 Restaurants in Bexhill-on-Sea
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Tonbridge
“Very family friendly, good food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Mostly go there with the GrandChildren as they are extremely welcoming to children. Not so sure if this will work for an intimate dinnere a deux but will find out next week(!) when taking some visiting German friends there for dinner. The food has always been excellent and the service very friendly, helpful and relaxed - they never rush you. As you would expect, the tiramisu is lovely but I found the Turkey less so; although the chicken and pasta I usually have is delicious. Definitely a reliable, very tasty option and open all day; so useful with youngsters. Parking outside and- a tip - round the corner, if you can find your way round the one way system, is limited to 2 hours and is free. Across the road in the De La Warr car park is very expensive indeed. I presume Bexhill don't want visitors to the De La Warr!!!

1 Thank Stephen H

“the italian way”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Good food but quiet atmosphere. I have been to this restaurant several times and always enjoyed the food. The setting is also nice on Bexhill on sea seafront.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank michael a
“Nice Breakfast!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I never knew this place did breakfast, I went with a group of girlfriends and the food was really lovely, coffee great, and a nice atmosphere and lots of various places to sit. The staff were not overly friendly, but I would definitely go back as it was fantastic value.

1 Thank Lianneandcarl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Left pretty upset”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I asked for steak, one of the most expensives dishes (£14.95) and remarked for the meat to be very well cooked; as I cut it centre was pink and a bit bloody, so to ask to get it re-cooked took so long trying to be get someone to serve me and waiting for my dish back in between. Sadly, when I have it back, my appetite and my good mood were gone so after eating a bit I asked if I could get my dish packed off to take it home, the waitress didn't mind, but when she brought it back, great was my surprise to see the container with just the steak on it, I really felt so frustrated and I wasn't sure if I should ask for my chips and the salad, but at the end I did and she replied that she threw it in the bin..... I wouldn't go back again I left The Italian Way pretty upset.

1 Thank Chicaporelmundo
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“good food but small tables”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is busy it has a great atmosphere ,the food is ok the staff very friendly> I found the tables to small as I like to taste lots of dishes and I find it restricting on rather cramped other wise the wine is a bit on the expensive side but it's worth going to.

Visited August 2013