“Appalling service and food”
Review of Italian way

Italian way
Ranked #20 of 128 Restaurants in Bexhill-on-Sea
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Appalling service and food”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Booked this for my brother's birthday. They messed the booking up completely booking us in for 6 instead of 1. We waited over an hour for food. My brother got a pizza which was a strange hybrid of his and mine and I didn't get one. Subsequently my brother and I had to wait another the twenty minutes for replacement pizzas whilst everyone else eat. On top of this, one of the salads had several long hairs in it and the cheese was off. When our correct pizzas arrived they were soggy and obviously rushed. The couple sat behind us also sent their food back.

We received no real apology save some free beers we didn't ask for and the price of the soggy pizzas back. This restaurant has some major problems, I strongly advise you go elsewhere.

3 Thank jtreach

London
“Speedy service with a smile”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

As soon as we sat down a charming waitress welcomed us with a smile and asked what we'd like to drink. Our drinks were with us and our meal orders were taken in a flash . We both had the tuna and cannelini beans with salad which was very fresh and delicious.We had excellent coffee to follow which was served with a little amaretto biscotto which was a nice touch.The meal was very good value for money and the experience was a pleasant one as we sat outside looking across at the sea. I'd certainly go again.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Disappointed with breakfast”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Being new to the area, a friend recommended The Italian Way to me.
Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with my experience there.

The service itself was good - my partner and I were served by a pleasant/polite waitress - but there were several problems with the food/drink order.

Firstly, I asked for cold milk with my coffee but received hot milk. Not a massive issue but it was the start of a pattern that emerged. My partner ordered a bacon sandwich on brown bread but was served bacon in between slices of white toast! I ordered a ham and mozarella panini... which is not quite what I received. The cheese was cheddar (I think) but it certainly wasn't mozarella. And the ham was rather rubber-like in texture.

I'm not sure what I was expecting. After all, it was only a short trip into town for some breakfast; I wasn't expecting a 5* meal but I was left extremely disappointed with the whole experience.

3 Thank Justin B
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Proper Italian Food”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Excellent service, excellent food, a real italian restaurant, this from a neapolitan who loves his italian food

Visited June 2012
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent pasta”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We went there a few weeks ago and had a lovely meal.

Visited June 2012