“cheerfu,l good tandoori starters”

Bexhill Shiplu Tandoori
Ranked #45 of 131 Restaurants in Bexhill-on-Sea
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: “We welcome customers to the best Indian Restaurant around. Our beautiful restaurant, attentive service and genuine hospitality is the ideal plae for a memorable night out. We guarantee you will want to come again and again and again. Every time you do, we will assure you of the same warm welcome, great food and wonderful atmosphere.”Eat in and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, along with our spectacular, mouth watering dishes, as the staff and surroundings take you through the mystical journey of India. Our 150 seat restaurant also provides a 20 seat waiting area where customers can enjoy a pre-dinner drink. The restaurant is equipped to welcome disabled customers. Our Authentic Indian Cuisine is targeted to the curry lovers and the first timers. Once you’ve tried a curry at the Shiplu, you’ll be a convert and regular customer. For parties of 10 or more, we recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment or waiting.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a good place for an curry they do a large selection of fish dishes as well, the house wine is reasonable priced. The service is excellent.

1  Thank Jacqui J
BexhillShiplu, Manager at Bexhill Shiplu Tandoori, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your recent review and positive comments on our food and service

There are newer reviews for Bexhill Shiplu Tandoori

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I visited with work colleagues recently, and was satisfied with the quality of food. The service was a little chaotic, but I was among a group of people so I guess that's to be expected.
We did experience quite a bit of waiting time butt he restaurant was busy so I don't wish to be overly negative. Apart from one missing dish and one wrong one brought to the table everything we had was fresh and tasty, and the Chicken Phatia had the right sort of flavour for me.
I would prefer to come back again alone or with one friend to get a better experience but I was a little put off as I found it a little expensive

Thanks for the recent review of our restaurant, we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Went with my fiancé and her mother. Were treated nicely and the service was good though not amazing. I ordered a prawn vindaloo which did what it said on the tin, so to speak.
Nice ambiance.

Thanks for you kind comments and review

Reviewed August 20, 2013

On my recent visit with my 10 year old and 12 year old sons we went with family to The Shiplu. We received a lovely welcome and the staff where very friendly. There where 8 of us in total and our meals came out quite quickly and more importantly all together (it annoys me when you eat while other people in the group are still waiting) Through out the meal the staff where attentive and friendly. The meal was the best Indian I have ever eaten. I could not find fault with anything at all.
To top it off they bought around chocolates and sweets. My youngest missed out on a lollipop so the lovely waiter gave him a handful of them.
I would certainly recommend giving The Shiplu a try. You will certainly want to go back for more

Many thanks for the great review, we appreciate your feedback

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a traditional Indian without pretence. Cosy decor if the space between the tables was a bit tight for the passing waiters. It is comfortable. The food was clean and good, nothing over-inspiring but well executed classics. The service was efficient but the manner of our waiter was rather off-putting. He was very brusque, very impatient and rather condescending. I was tempted to leave soon after sitting down. So. No tip! I'll go back and if the grumpy waiter is there again, I'll make sure I sit at a table where another waiter is serving!