“LOVELY!!!!”

Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have to say this is one of the BEST restaurants I have been to and am so happy its in my town! Great staff and devine food : )

2  Thank monbijou83

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Went to Bexhill with parents. usually quite conservative in their tastes but they chose this restaurant so that they could sit outside and enjoy weather and views. It is also easier with a wheelchair. The waitress was very attentive, making sure that we were comfortable, had drinks and menus. A good variety on the menu with Mum opting for a seafood dish (Love in a pot), Dad having Spaghetti Bolognaise and I had the Canelloni. The portions were a good size and the quality of the food was excellent. Everything was hot and there was a good variety of seafood in Mum's dish. The waitress offered to take a photo of us when she saw me taking a photo of them.

A really good restaurant with good staff and it didn't cost the earth. I would both recommend it and will return when next in Bexhill.

1  Thank Majeroc
Reviewed July 21, 2011

As pretty much authentic as you can get - good Italian Food with reasonably priced vin diu patron, good quality and served with fun, care and service.
Try it !!

1  Thank chriscolew
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We chose this restaurant because of its good reviews on Tripadvisor (I've not been disappointed before), and because we thought it sounded as though there would be options for our elderly and rather food-conservative mother. There were; she had a rather dry chicen breast in tomato sauce and could have had a lamb chop or steak..

The service was very good, and the manager, as other reviewers have said, absolutely charming.

The entree of fresh (cow's milk) mozzarella, tomatoes, avocado and boxed salad greens was ok. The foccaccia was closer to pizza, but tasty enough if a little burnt. But after that things went downhill. One of us had the rissotto with asparagus, and another the rissotto alla funghi. There was very little asparagus (maybe two spears?), and as far as I could tell absolutely no parmigiano, and the tablespoon or so that was spooned over the top went nowhere at all. My husband said the very few mushrooms in his had no flavour whatsoever (certainly no porcini involved) and again no parmigiano. No stock seemed to have been used, little salt, and no herbs. Truly, it was awful.

I hesitate to write a review at all if I can't be positive, but feel I should warn others that they might be disappointed.

3  Thank JudeandJem
Dahir W, Owner at That's Amore Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2015

This review does not apply to the Cafe is related to the restaurant closed in 2011.
Thank You.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

I can heartily recommend this cafe, especially since a hot beverage comes with a complimentary ginger biscuit. Now that's five stars straightaway! The staff were cheery and helpful, and both the toasted panini and apple cake were very tasty.

2  Thank Squirk