“More of a Hotel than a B.B”
Review of Dunselma

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bexhill-on-Sea
Dunselma
Ranked #6 of 23 Bexhill-on-Sea B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We did not know what to expect when we had this B.B booked for us by our friends,what a suprise we had as we had not used a B.B for years.We were warmly greeted and shown to our room,I had not read any reviews,but I now have and I agree with all the others that have given top ratings to this Hotel.What you get is:-Warmth and generosity from is owners,great spacious rooms comfortable beds, all so clean and tidy. We have stayed in 4 & 5 star hotels that have tried to stuff us in smaller less comfortable rooms.Now to the Breakfast part of the B.B,everything is fresh,from the fruit, to the cooking of the breakfast nothing is to much trouble,they seem to have it all.English breakfast,or any combination seemed to be available,continental,I just wanted cheese, four different types arived,smoked salmon & scamble eggs in fact the best that we have had no matter where we have stayed.Would we stay here again ? you bet.We have payed two or three times the amount,and not had the quality and value we found here,on top of this the owners atitude and friendliness is something you just cant put a price on these days.Many thanks.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 24, 2012

What a treasure to find in this day and age. Spotlessly clean, welcoming, with little extra touches you don't expect these days. We were there for a sad occasion but our accommodation made what could have been an awful weekend a really pleasant experience. We will make a point of telling everyone who will listen about this place. Well done to the proprietors who work hard to make it special. We will be back!!

Room Tip: Room 7 and 8 are roomy and have a wonderful sea view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Amazing little hotel situated directly opposite the seafront. Spacious rooms. The one we had had an ensuite dressing room as well as an ensuite shower room. Amazingly spacious, clean tidy with coffee and tea facilities in the room. You even get fresh milk which is available in a fridge located on the first floor. The owners are friendly, professional, helpful and polite. The breakfast in the morning is really second to none. It puts "bigger" hotels to shame. The breakfast here is included in the price. And what a choice! From a traditional to smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, to cereals, muesli, porridge, fresh fruit, a selection of juices, tea, coffee, croissants and much more! All served in a very spacious room. I could go on forever here and bore you! I've been to a few hotels, this one gets first prize!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed at the Hotel for the RUMER Concert at the De La Warr on November 18th 2011. We were shown to a lovely warm Room on the 2nd floor(room 2) with Great Sea Views . The Room has 2 double beds and an ensuite bathroom. and is well furnished. It was Spotlessly clean as was the rest of the Hotel . The Proprietor Jacky brought us up to the Room a pot of Tea and Coffee with 2 slices of lovely Home made Cake . What a lovely Welcome ! We Both had a Good nights sleep . Breakfast really was Excellent. Good Choice of Cereals Fruit ,Yoghurts and Juices and the Ful English Breakfast was cooked perfectly . We were brought extra Toast too ! We would very much Recommend The Dunselma and would definitely Stay again . Willam and Veronica ,HERTS.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I was a single woman traveller staying away from home for the first time since my divorce, I am so happy my friend recommended Dunselma. As soon as I walked in this welcoming, spotless, pleasant Guest House I was greeted with Tea and homemade cake and a big smile from the proprietor, I immediately felt safe. My room was spacious and fully equipped for my every need, there was also a kitchen along the corridor with use of a fridge, washing machine and tumble dryer. I stayed for four nights and each breakfast was made to suit my individual needs, providing Soya Milk and porridge, this made all the difference to me because I have dietary requirements which nearly prevented me from having a holiday. I was made to feel so welcome that it felt like staying with a relative, the proprietor got the balance just right plenty of help and guidance with privacy respected as well.
I visited in September and the best accolade I can give is that I am going for a weekend break in late November. Well Done Dunselma.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front give great views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Sandra R
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Whilst the furnishings and decor are not modern, this guest house was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. We appreciated the thoughtful extras like the fruit bowl, bottled water replenished each day, fresh milk and use of the fridge down the corridor. The breakfast was expertly cooked with perfect poached eggs - rare in many b&b's in my experience.

Room Tip: If you like space and light ask for room 6. Two enormous windows with sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We come to Dunselma every year and it is always the same - welcoming, spotlessly clean and the owners have thought of every little detail to make your stay the best!

There are thoughtful little touches like the bottled water provided in each room on your arrival along with a fruit bowl and the kitchen on the first floor is soooooo handy - especially if travelling with small babies/children. There is a microwave and a fridge and everything you would need to make your stay even better.

The owners are so welcoming and nothing is too much trouble - Jacky had even left us some lovely sandwiches for our arrival back from Hastings hospital in case we had not been able to have anything to eat - such a thoughtful touch and very much appreciated.

You would be hard pressed to find a better place than this to stay in Bexhill and for a very reasonable price!

Room Tip: The big room on the first floor at the front of the hotel - cannot quite remember the number!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family