“Really good food”

Ranked #66 of 135 Restaurants in Bexhill-on-Sea
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely cottage pie and apple pie for afters. All obviously home made. Very pleasant owner who takes pride in her cooking. They do homemade crumpets which is really unusual. Recommended

Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you have a passion for truly homemade yummy cakes then this is the place for you. Although the premises are small the food is lovingly prepared from scratch and served by a helpful, friendly owner. It is so nice to find a place where 'homemade' actually means 'homemade' There is a good selection of lunches available and we are keen to try the breakfasts.......a real gem - we are looking forward to returning very soon

1  Thank ali556
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great little cafe, just off one of the main roads in the town,I went in to find a small but spacious seating area with 4 tables. There is a great selection of food available on the menu plus a choice of specials, which i was told by the owner change on a daily basis, there was also a selection of cakes available. The prices of these were very reasonable compared with what you can pay at some other catering establishments in the town. Well worth a visit if you are in the area, as there is a very warm and friendly atmosphere from both the owner and the other customers that were in the cafe at the time. There is also a couple of tables outside the cafe which i suppose would be quite nice to sit at when the weather warms up.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I recommend the Quiche! I chose a jacket potato with cheese and a cappuccino, my friend picked the quiche lorraine (heated up), and after trying hers I wished I had picked it too. Even though I enjoyed my choice the quiche was particularly great. The lady whom runs the business cooks everything, and welcomes you with friendly service. It's quaint and cosy. We also tried the coffee walnut cake, and enjoyed that the cake itself was made with walnuts rather than just the topping! All this for about £8 per person, very reasonably priced!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I buy various delicious take-away goodies from here two or three times per week.
The cheese scones must be the best in town, and the latest tasty treat we tried was one of Strawberry's scotch eggs. Wow! It was large and well filled (and so were we after eating it).
We will be back!