“Nice community park”
Review of Egerton Park

Egerton Park
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Egerton Park is a large park just inland from the seafront. It has sports facilities, some nicely gardened areas, lakes, some ornamental, one for boating, great play areas for both younger and older children, an outdoor gym area and lots of space for ball games etc. There's a café and loos, and the place is generally pretty well kept, with the possible exception of the lakes, which thanks to the seagulls are a bit murky.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Iv just had the most horrific experience with the manager/possibly owener of the cafe at egerton park!!! I still cannot BELIVE what happened.
My sister, myself and our 3 babies (all under 2 years) were enjoying the beautiful park and having an absolutely fantastic day out when on passing the cafe my pregnant sister told me she rather desperately needed the loo, I noticed a toilet at the side of the cafe so I asked the boy who worked there if it might be ok for her to use it as she is pregnant and desperate (any ladies who have had a baby sat on their bladder know that when you need to go you NEED to go) he very kindly said yes but did inform us that they were not for public use, as I waited outside the manager/owener a large old woman with short grey hair of the cafe came across and began abusing a staff member due to letting a member of the public use her toilet, awkwardly I approached her to explain the situation, I thought I'd make her aware that it illegal to refuse a pregnant lady use of a toilet just to try and diffuse an awkward situation, and for her own reference as she clearly wasn't aware.......she then brought her face threateningly close to mine and told me "well would it be illegal if I came in your toilet?" In an extremely aggressive tone. She then proceed to insult me , my appearance in particular, in front of my children for about 3 minuets, meanwhile an entire cafe full if children and her customers had to hear this woman making vile comments and screaming.
Realizing this woman was clearly not quite all there I walked away, she then screamed at the top of her voice "I hope you die in hell" again IN FRONT of my children as well as an entire cafe/ park full of children.

I have never been so shocked, embarrassed, or discussed in my entire life, and still cannot BELIVE it happened! I'm a nice girl who did not deserve this, I barely ever even raise my own voice, and won't even let my children hear raised voices or aggressiveness on the tv, so for us all to have to hear this was beyond upsetting.

It's such a crying shame that such a grotesque woman should be allowed to work not only with the public, but in such an otherwise outstandingly brilliant place for young families such as myself to enjoy days out.

7  Thank Emilyabelle
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Only one baby swing which is a shame but the whole park is lovely. A duck pond, sand pit and adult exercise area too. This park would be a perfect day out for the family. Watch out parking can be tricky during peak times.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

What a fab gardens with loads of activities for young and old. Always keep very clean and flowers and grass always kept tidy and a joy to look at. The sound of children enjoying themselves in the play area is a joy, our grandchildren when they visit from Belfast love going there.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

A group of us met up with kids of varying ages from 2 until 8 years. The play area has something for kids of all ages, the equipment is fantastic. Toilets are not too far away. The café is great serving coffee/tea/ light snacks and ice creams for the kids. All the kids were very happy, and happy kids = happy mums!

1  Thank Lianneandcarl