“The Hotel on the Beach by Dorothy & Colin”

The Cooden Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bexhill-on-Sea
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Dorothy & Me had a excellent Valentines evening at The Cooden Beach Hotel. The food. The decoration of The strand room. The entertainment from Singer Steve Dunnett . Dorothy said to me it was the best ever Valentines evening she ever had as we dance the night away. As the main man knows, James, we have seen The Cooden Beach Hotel come to its great excellents over the years You have owned it. For all the Occasions that the guests & business people use it & stay, relax, keep fit in The Club, Swim etc. Thank You James & Family & not forgetting the hard working staff who keep the hotel running smooth & clean for us all A1+ and more. Yours Dorothy & Colin.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
CoodenBeach36, Manager at The Cooden Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments, I have passed them to the Owner, On behalf of the staff we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We spent yesterday evening at Cooden Beach Hotel's Valentine Dinner Dance. The venue was amazing, beautifully decorated in keeping with the occasion, the staff brilliant and the food lovely. Added to this there was a talented singer leading the evening. Our party of eight had a wonderful evening and will definitely frequent the hotel again. Well done Cooden Beach.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen H

Thank you for your positive comments with regard Valentine's day, I am really glad that you all enjoyed yourselves and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Cooden Beach Hotel soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed the valentines evening at the hotel. The room had been beautifully decorated for the occasion, the entertainment from Steve Dunnett singing Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble songs was very enjoyable and we both danced the night away after indulging in a delicious 3 course meal with a good choice on the menu followed by coffee and mints.
We regularly visit the Tavern bar for a meal and drinks and are always completely satisfied with the food, service and the staff are extremely friendly, nothing is to much trouble for them.
Thank you to all of you, you do an excellent job.
Anne and Kevin Knowles.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne S

Thank you so much for the very positive comments with regard to our Valentine's day cabaret evening. I am so glad that you enjoyed the meal and especially glad that you enjoyed the entertainment. Steve Dunnett will be back with us in April, check our website for the dates and I very much hope to see you there.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Last night, we very much enjoyed the new a la carte menu. There is an excellent choice, nice ambience and the waiter and staff were most helpful and could not do enough for us. Highly recommended. We also went to the Tavern on Thursday night and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The posh fish and chips were excellent and, although you have to order at the bar, the service of the waiters were excellent. Good value and attentive staff.

Room Tip: The new rooms on the south side facing the English Channel with view looking out to Beachy Head, Eas...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeannette A

I asm so glad that you enjoyed the new a la carte menu in the Beachside Restaurant, thank you for the positive comments, I have passed these on to the staff and both myself and my staff look forward to welcoming you back to The Cooden Beach Hotel

Reviewed February 6, 2013

After having written a glowing report previously about the Cooden Beach I have to change my opinion after todays visit. It has been decided, I understand that because the restaurant is not making the money required, the 'Tavern' will now not offer table service and it is not possible to have a 'tab' ie the customer has to go to the bar to order EVERYTHING and pay as purchased. Bearing in mind the age of the clients (usually over 60 during the lunch period) it is a backward step to expect a customer to approach the bar for each course and to have to carry a tray of drinks to their table. I have, for the last 3 months enjoyed by lunch in the Tavern and always 'tipped' the waiter/waitress at the end of the meal. I DID NOT SEE ANYONE TODAY SO I COULD NOT TIP!!! THINK AGAIN MR. KIMBER !!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank DaisyBexhillonSea
CoodenBeach36, Manager at The Cooden Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your experiences of eating in The Tavern for the last three months and would like to assure you that following a very short experiment with the service in the Tavern that full table service is in fact back in operation, so not only is waiter service available in the Beachside Restaurant with it's new a la carte menu but also as it has been in the last two years in The Tavern. We look forward to welcoming you back for lunch soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Unexpectedly needing a room for the night, this place popped-up on my sat nav, so I phoned. At the price I was offered I really didn't expect much but it was late so I booked. What I found was a great location, friendly staff, a very comfy bed in a nice, clean room with en-suite and digital TV - a real surprise and just what I needed. I expected to have to pay extra for breakfast but no... Breakfast is included. Next time I'm in the area I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank paulineandjohnL

Thank you for your positive comments, I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us at The Cooden Beach Hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed your included breakfast, we pride ourself on the use of locally sourced produce and the fact that every breakfast is cooked to order. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Cooden Beach Hotel

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Gone down hill drastically in the last couple of years. Pool area is nice and quiet the only good thing about the place. Very out of date. Looks like a retirement home not a hotel.

Food is very poor! Meat very dry and not worth the amount of money we had to pay!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
6  Thank Mills2002

We are at present undergoing a programme of refurbishment and redecoration in some public areas of the Hotel and function rooms, the rolling refurbishment of the hotel bedrooms continues so that we are constantly updating the look of the hotel.

We have since the beginning of 2013 introduced an a la carte menu to the Beachside Restaurant specialising in local produce of the season, giving a much wider and innovative menu still at reasonable prices.

I do hope that you will come back and visit us again so that we can show you the best of what we can do.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexhill-on-Sea
PowderMills Hotel & Restaurant
#1 of 1 in Pevensey
Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings
Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club
Best Western York House Hotel

Been to The Cooden Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!