“Jane S - very tasty!”
Review of Sawasdee Thai - CLOSED

Sawasdee Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
South eastern england
“Jane S - very tasty!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This restaurant is just around the corner so we have been several times - the staff are always friendly and the food is excellent. I love the little added extras too - the pretty garnishes and the extra prawn toast we got today because the chef was making some! The lunchtime special is excellent value for money.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank sagepompey

Hastings, England, United Kingdom
“Great food and friendly staff, who could ask for more!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Visited Sawasdee last night for the first time with friends who have raved about it, now I know why. The menu was varied with a nice little description beside each so you knew what you were ordering. I had a calamari starter which was the best I have tasted in the UK. The batter was light and the squid soft and succulent. My main dish of King Prawns was fantastic, the sauce so tasty but not over powering. I had a dessert I have never had before but would gladly have on every visit I intend to make to Sawasdee, it consisted of a crepe filled with pineapple and rice cooked in coconut milk sealed with chocolate and a maple syrup on top a scoop of ice cream finished this moreish invention. The owner and girl serving us were very friendly and helpful and made the whole evening an enjoyable experience.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Caroline W
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Never again I am afraid”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had heard about this restaurant from a friend so decided to try it one evening. Upon entering we were shown to a table by a very sombre looking lady, who couldn't even muster up a welcoming smile. We sat down and ordered soft drinks (coke) which were poured by the restaurant owner, into WINE GLASSES! We had mixed starter to share, which was deep fried vegetables and prawns, all of which tasted exactly the same so no idea what vegetable you were eating. After we had eaten I placed my USED knife and fork onto my starter plate, as the plate was taken away the owner, took the USED cutlery off the plate and gave it back to me, stating that there was no need to make extra washing up!!!!!! We all had different mains, but unfortunately 2 of these tasted and looked exactly the same, same sauce (which I presume was an Uncle Bens Sweet & Sour special) same vegetables in both dishes and tasted exactly the same apart from the meat content) even though the description given was entirely different on the menu...I have been to many Thai Restaurants and had some exquisite food, but would never recommend this place to anyone. Unfortunately it had no atmosphere and all I can say is Never again!!

• Visited June 2012
Brighton
“Advance booking recommended”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Not surprisingly,a busy little restaurant.
Friendly staff and the proprietor was on hand to recommend dishes to people who were not accustomed to Thai food.
I liked the idea of taking your own wine (small corkage).
I liked the menu and the dishes we selected were presented nicely and tasted as good as they looked, excellent.
Worth booking in advance to avoid disappointment, as this place is very popular.

• Visited June 2012
bexhill england uk
“ok but only because you can bring your own drink”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We ate here about a six weeks ago, and it wasn't particularly memorable......it was midweek and we were the only ones there. The food was quite nice but simple, I could have done it just as well at home. There were no fiddly garnishes or anything complex basically just a stir fry well done but nothing special. I had a seafood dish which was a mixed bag of seafood you know the usual squid mussels and prawns fried with garlic lemongrass etc and my partner had seabass.....the proprietor was very proud of his garden which would be lovely on a sunny day and then I think the fixed priced meal at lunchtimes would be good value. But in the evening it lacked ambiance, Sackville Road is a funny place of an evening, not exactly buzzy, and I was disappointed to find they charged a couple of quid corkage for a bottle of wine and fifty pence for a beer. Good work if you can get it!
Nice enough but nothing to rave about.

• Visited April 2012