“Poor” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Denbigh

The Denbigh
Ranked #22 of 125 Restaurants in Bexhill-on-Sea
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

There were 4 of us the pub is very old fashioned. We all ordered the roast being Christmas. The meat was so thin and very poor quality and hardly any veg. Left still hungry after. Desert was a load of slop like something you would eat in a poor cafe. We all thought it was very expensive for what it was. I have been here a number of times and each time has got worse and worse. Our waiter was very sweet but it took half an hour to get our bill. No pasta dish was on the menu which I was quite disappointed about.

2 Thank Trevorworkman

“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very disappointed. Man behind the bar was quite rude. Main meal very average definitely not worth nearly £10!! And desert was very poor. I ordered eaton mess which on the menu said raspberry meringue what came out was banana, grape and pineapple on two shop brought merengue nests with squirty cream. I did complain as I didn't like pineapple and they just scooped the top off and put strawberries on. I could see the pineapple sauce underneath.
my husband asked for the crumble which I could only describe as school dinners.

Even though not very busy very slow service!! Would not recommend or come again.

1 Thank Mills2002
Orlando
“A plus pudding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Denbeigh has now moved into my number one position for the best steak and kidney pudding I've had in the U.K.. The pastry crust was light, thin and did not dominate the serving which is so often the case. With an almost equal ratio of kidney to beef, there was little doubt that this was the real deal. A generous amount of gravy and a substantial serving of assorted fresh veg rounded out the entree. My wife also enjoyed her curry.
The pub itself has a traditional bar area with an open fire and substantial adjoining restaurant seating. Easy on site parking and well kept ales.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SKISS
Kent, United Kingdom
“The Denbigh - Recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I had planned to meet up with an old friend in Cooden for Sunday lunch in mid December and we needed to find a suitable venue. On our last visit some 3 years earlier we had come unstuck with our chosen location and we did not wish to repeat the experience. I therefore resorted to some research on the internet and eventually selected the Denbigh.

As we live some 40 miles away I was unfamiliar with the area and managed to twice lose my bearings. The two passers by that we stopped for directions both knew the Denbigh and were full of praise - very reassuring indeed!

I had booked a table for 12.00 noon and we eventually arrived around 12.20 p.m. to find our friend patiently waiting in the car park. Upon entering the pub we were made welcome and immediately shown to our table. Unlike some other places in the run-up to Christmas we were not restricted by choice and all menu options were available.

Without going into too much detail I will only say that my own main course of steak and kidney pudding was arguably the best that I have tasted. Cooked to perfection and solidly packed full of meat I could not fault it in any way. The accompanying side dish of vegetables which included brussel sprouts and parsnips were just right not being overcooked as so often is the case. A good selection of desserts was available each priced at £4.95 and I was also happy to sample the excellent Harveys Best Sussex Bitter on offer.

A thoroughly enjoyable meal in a warm and inviting atmosphere `The Denbigh' was extremely busy both with diners and drinkers (we almost had to fight our way out!) but it is quite obviously a very well run establishment that offers a genuinely warm welcome, attentive service and first class traditional food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BLACKBOYS
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Very slow service and dreadful food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

4 Of us on a weekday, only 2 other tables being used. almost an hour for main course my meal was dreadful, a curry, the only way we could tell was by the menu.it was like a watered down stew.The others fared no better. These pubs charge and try to act like good class restaurants but should stick to being pubs. Simply awful

• 3 of 5 bubbles