“Excellent”

and 1 more site!
Arden House Bed & Breakfast Bexhill
Ranked #5 of 23 Bexhill-on-Sea B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had to stay as I was running a course nearby. This was a very comfortable and well appointed home. Peter made sure I had everything I needed to make my stay as comfortable as possible - nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast - excellent. I had tasty mushrooms and tomatoes on toast after having had cereal and fresh fruit.

Price was at the top of my budget but had I gone with my husband it would have been better value. Sadly when travelling alone the cost is always higher.

Pity I was not able to stay longer but I am hoping to go back again in the future.

Room Tip: A Home from Home
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were recommended to stay at The Arden when our original choice had no vacancies and their loss was our gain as the Arden is wonderful. Peter and Martin are gracious and personable and the service is second to none. The house has a wonderful warm atmosphere and ambience and is fabulously and tastefully decorated in a timeless style and elegance without being a museum piece The room and en-suite was absolutely spotless and there are lovely thoughtful touches that made us feel extra welcome. Breakfast was delicious and served in the lovely conservatory overlooking a well tended garden. Nothing was too much trouble and they go that extra mile to make this a memorable stay. Thank you, we will be returning. .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked this at very short notice as I was entering a race in the area. Peter and Martin were perfect hosts. They made us feel very at home in their lovely, immaculate house and were quite happy for me to return to use the bathroom facilities the next day, after the usual check-out time, so I could freshen up after the race. I asked for an early breakfast on Sunday and again this was no trouble; the food was delicious and breakfast was taken in the conservatory overlooking a very pretty garden. The bedroom was clean with lovely antique furniture and the bed was very comfortable with feather pillows and duvet. The house is in a very quiet road just a few minutes' walk from the seafront. If you stay here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LouiseandMark2013
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Arden House is beautifully furnished, cool, calm and relaxing. I liked the art on the walls.
Guests have use of the lounge with big leather sofas to sink into and also the use of a very pretty walled garden. Breakfast is served in the conservatory which overlooks the garden.
Fabulous choice for breakfast including raspberries freshly picked from the garden. Nothing is too much trouble for the hosts. Very welcoming atmosphere - I hope to be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have never stayed anywhere the has lavished so much attention to detail and taken such great care of myself and my brother as the owners at the Arden house Bexhill delightfully furnished and very comfortable bedrooms fabulous bathroom or shower room an amazing conservatory for breakfast over looking a beautifully maintained garden also we were driven from Arden house to the railway station by one of the owners how's that for service
A MUST for anyone who is planning a visits to Bexhill on sea

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at Arden House for 2 nights. All the reviews are spot on. Lovely, rooms, fantastic breakfasts which are taken in the conservatory overlooking the beautiful garden. Peter is an excellent host and nothing was too much trouble. I had a large room with hand basin plus a separate bathroom which was for my sole use. Would thoroughly recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: All the rooms are first class.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JCC009
Reviewed September 3, 2013

........ then look no further.

We stayed for 4 nights and couldn't have asked for more. The house itself is homely and our en suite room was very comfortable, well appointed and equipped. We appreciated having fresh milk with our tea/coffee - a small thing that made all the difference to us anyway.

The breakfasts, served in the light and airy conservatory, were beautifully prepared to order and thoughtfully presented.

Overall we were made to feel very welcome and would not hesitate in recommending to friends and family. Well worthy of 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple