George Hotel
$97
Travelocity
$155
  • Pool
Sedlescombe Golf Hotel(Sedlescombe)(Great Value!)
$111
The Brickwall Hotel(Sedlescombe)
$122
Agoda.com
$116
$105
Priceline
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$69
PremierInn.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstayed here for one nightshort staygelspubskettlechap
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I went here for weekend away when we arrived we called for reception and we was welcomed by yes what do you want ?? Room was pleasant but staff were rude and the noise was unbelievable kept us awake and to top it off we had to check out at 10am so started to get things ready had a shower and at 915 was no knock on the door but a man just walked in I was shocked and not impressed on my privacy being indruded didn't even knock all I was answered was oh we didn't no if you had left bearing in mind they had a box for keys if they had looked

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Zoe M
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My heart sank when we entered this hotel. We had been booked in by a friend for a wedding so had no prior knowledge of the hotel other than the price, for which I was expecting quite a nice place. We arrived and rang the door bell for about 5 minutes, with no answer, we then telephoned the hotel and the member of staff seemed confused that someone wanted to actually use the hotel. I guess we were eventually (about 20 minutes after we arrived) greeted by the poor lad who is mentioned in other reviews, who did as mentioned have quite limited English, however that didn't really matter, he was friendly and helpful and offered to carry our bags all the way up to the top room. The room itself was disappointing, it was dirty and tired, the sheets didn't look all that clean, the bed was against a wall and had no head board or anything. The bathroom was the worst, there was a bath with a shower hose that you had to hold up, but the ceiling wasn't really high enough and there wasn't a shower curtain, so I ended up kneeling in the bath, which wasn't exactly great! The ingredients for breakfast were cheap, it was cooked well though and the lady who cooked and served the breakfast was absolutely lovely, she really was, she talked to us about the history of the hotel and the surrounding area. The breakfast room was very relaxed and the staff that we met in there were all lovely. I was just disappointed by the room, and wasn't pleased that I had paid up front to stay for 2 nights. I will say though, we were staying as part of a wedding party, so we saw some other rooms, the luxury rooms with the floral wallpaper were nice and as I say the staff were too, so it might not be too bad overall.

Room Tip: Do not go in any of the top floor rooms, I was very naughty and peeked in them all as they were open after people had checked out and they were all worse than the one we were in!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ilovewham
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I booked this for my son and his wife over the internet, then had various email communcations with Micheal about extras I would like left in the room as it was a treat for them. Michael couldn't have been more friendly and helpful and I praise him highly for the extras left in the room and the card and his continuing friendliness throughout the stay and after in his communications with me.

My son and daughter in law had the most amazing stay, the room was warm, clean and well decorated. Everything was as stated in the description. The breakfast was excellent. They loved it.

They heard no noise, and nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommended. Thank you Michael and staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We recently stayed at the George Hotel for a friend's wedding. I had made my booking over the phone and agreed the price of the room. My partner arrived later in the day and upon attempting to check us in was met by a rude, dismissive member of staff with extremely limited English who told her that the price of the room was £20 more for the night than had been agreed, and needed to be paid up front. Furthermore, she was looked upon with suspicion by the reception staff as they were "only expecting one person to stay in the room, and now SOME GIRL has turned up as well asking to use the room" (sadly, this is a direct quote). Once this was rectified with the help of the (equally rude) manager, she was able to check in.

Despite the disastrous start to our stay, this paled in comparison to a friend's experience who was due to stay there with us; he turned up earlier in the day and was able to leave his bag behind reception (without even mentioning his name or the fact that he was due to stay there!), and then returned later in the day to check in. He was then given the news that the hotel had CANCELLED HIS BOOKING and resold the room, as they were apparently expecting him the night before. Due to the absolutely farcical way in which this establishment is run, he had no proof of his booking and as such was unable to argue. The staff were unapologetic and seemed to show absolutely no remorse at the fact they had potentially ruined someone's time at a friend's wedding (luckily other friends staying elsewhere had space in their room!).

While it must be said that our ambitiously titled "suite" was very nice (clean, very comfortable bed and a very good jacuzzi bath), the general tone of our stay was restored the following morning when we were served what seemed to be a reheated breakfast with a side order of MOULDY toast!

Don't waste your time here. There must be somewhere better. Anywhere must be better.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here, Room 1 has a very comfortable bed and great jacuzzi bath.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I found this hotel online by chance and decided to go ahead and book a weekend stay for our wedding anniversary. I happened to read some of the other reviews before we arrived and although I was slightly worried by some of them, took a chance anyway. When we arrived we were lucky to find someone at reception. His English wasn't great but we understood each other. When we got to our room it was clean and well presented. Tea and coffee was available and there was a mini fridge. The Jacuzzi spa bath was fantastic and the bed was very comfortable. The whole stay was great. The full English breakfast was delicious! The only real complaint I could find was the noise from the Italian restaurant below the hotel, but our room was directly above it so some noise was to be expected. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013