“Walkers lunch”

Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Battle
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Chequers we aim to provide a new way to dine, a relaxed vintage atmosphere, exciting rustic British food and a classic British bar. With our chefs locally sourcing ingredients from only farms that we have firsthand knowledge of, foraging for those special ingredients that are forgotten on menus today and preparing every dish to let the flavours of each ingredient excite the taste buds exactly how they should. This all mixed with our excellent wine list of classic and some very unusual great wines, and a classic British bar, we hope that once enjoyed you will just want to keep coming back.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

As a group of walkers we have frequented this pub on a regular basis but our last visit was worrying. Usually the servide and food are good, but on this last visit, they had run out of lemonade! They had also run out of very basic things such as tomato ketchup and the food was not of the usual standard expected from this pub.

There are newer reviews for Chequers Inn

Reviewed February 9, 2013

i recently visited the chequers on tuesday the 5th of feb for an evening meal with my wife, the food was below average with the chef (if you can call him that) swearing and getting angry in the kitchen right beside the seating area, overall a very unpleasant evening, bar staff were polite, but food over priced for the rubbish that was served. just hope that chef does not work 7 days a week

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went there with my partner for an evening meal and at first, was quite shocked by the prices - roughly around £8-£9 for a main course. I was tempted to just stick with some chips or some side orders to save money as I wasnt set out to spend that much. However, my partner was starving and wanted a dish - so I gave in and had the lasagne. It was a very short wait and I was pleasantly surprised by the portion! It was so big and I could barely walk after eating the lot. I think the lasagne was home made as well which always tastes better!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

After hearing the chequers had reopened we decided to visit to be nosey ! What a pleasant suprise, clean and fresh looking not tired and dirty as before.The new management were welcoming and friendly and to be honest a breath of fresh air ! The meal was fresh and presented superbly the new westerham ales was to die for (being a harveys drinker ! The landlord gave me a taster of them all ! ! ) even our dog was made welcome and fed dog biscuits so he enjoyed it too ! ! Keep up the good work, we will definately return.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Have been going to Chequers with my boyfriend for the past year, we loved going there before they closed for new management. After they re-opened we went to see if anything had changed - it looked the same but you could tell the atmosphere was different, but it wasn't until our food came out we new it had changed for the worse! Food was dry and indelible. Chips that were ment to be home made were packaged frozen frying chips, meet was dry, and deserts were clearly shop brought!! Also prices have been raised especillaly alcohol! Very disappointed and will not be returning!