My wife andd me were travelling to battle and stay with the Tollgate Farmhouse for one night. We were given a room at a small house just next to the main building.
1) The room was tidy, the bed & linens were clean and very comfortable.
2) The host was very friendly
3) It provides plenty of amenities; tea, coffee making facilities, hair dryer, a TV with DVD..very good.
4) Superb breakfast in the morning, a traditional English breakfast in a sunshining breakfast room. We have no choice but to put a full mark for the full breakfast.
We felt no adverse coment with ths B&B at all. (Although this is a little bit out from the town centre, it is not a matter to us as we were driving.) A very pleasant stay here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tollgate Farmhouse is a family business set in the historic town of Battle. Being within walking distance to Battle town centre and Battle Abbey and Station, with all amenities, it is an ideal place to stay. A warm welcome awaits you at Tollgates ensuring your stay is comfortable and relaxed and enjoyable as possible. The house is a modern spaciously planned accommodation, offering six en-suite rooms which includes a family suite including one room with disabled facilities. Our en-suite rooms are well stocked with toiletries, towels and towelling robes, tastefully decorated and each has its own freeview flat screen television, alarm clock radio, free wifi and mini fridge stocked with fruit juice and mineral water. The property enjoys a large well stocked garden to the rear with a large paved patio equipped with tables and chairs for relaxing. The heated swimming pool may be used by guests at proprietors discretion. A choice of full english or continental breakfast is served every morning to all our guests in our new recently extended sun lounge that overlooks the garden and swimming pool. ... more less