“Perfect kick start”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
London
“Perfect kick start”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I do not normally go to the same places twice, but because of limited time and good memories and results from previous trip and recent Christmas overindulgence a trip was more of a necessity that holidays. Perfect de-tox for body and mind. I have lost 12.5 pounds and felt completely rejuventated. Even though the weather was not perfect, the country side is beautiful and the spa is very relaxing and comfortable. Perfect kick start.

Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2011

When I arrived at Slimmeria in Jan of this year, I was stressed and had an outbreak of eczema on my torso and worryingly , around my eyes. I looked and felt ill and was very low. In the space of a week , I increased my fitness levels, lost 10lbs and the eczema disappeared. Galia is a very inspiring woman, she's very empathetic and made me feel whole again. Her food is nutritious and delicious !
You have to work hard at the workouts, and the walks are long, but the afternoons are spent being pampered with massages and facials etc.. this is all inclusive , and the retreat is fantastic value.
My room was stunning, with beamed vaulted ceiling and en suite , it was warm and comfortable.
The gardens are beautiful, and I imagine in the summer months with the pool, overlooking the vineyard, you could be forgiven for mistaking the location for somewhere in Southern France.
Galia and her amazing staff work wonders , and I came away feeling like a new woman
Will I go again ? YES ! already booked another week later in the year.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank sandidesign
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2011

This place really is a hidden treasure, the location was really pretty with lovely walks with the benifit of being close to london. The rooms were very cosy and had great nights of sleep in them.Even the food was tasty!!!! and in the process lost 10lb in a week!!!
For the price you pay is excellent value for money with the beauty treatments included and believe me the girls are great as are the boys that train you.GO GO GO GO.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank geraldinecassar
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Come to this with an open mind - hand yourself over to Galia, and she will take you on a journey..... for me it was an amazing 6.8Kg in 10 days (and that was with a generous Christmas Day dinner).... 1 month later I have kept it all off with an extra 1 kg more to boot... It was the perfect end to 2010... and the perfect way to start 2011..rather than my usual disappointment at myself. I will most certainly come back for another stay. It is a beautiful location and the house has been so lovingly restored and furnished.

Be warned - it is not an easy journey - you get pampered, but you have to work hard too - physically and mentally - through the detox and the exercise. Galia and her team are just wonderful in their support and encouragement... daily walks/marches, yoga, circuits.... and the pampering (oh the joy of being pampered), and our evenings together... the jigsaws, the films, the belly dancing (am going to classes still), guided meditations, table tennis - and so much talking and laughing... and making such good friends...
Lessons learnt: portion control and creativity with vegetables.... that we could eat such tasty meals (Galia is a star in the kitchen) that were made of only simple vegetables.
I did think I might never eat cabbage, carrot or beetroot again.. however within a few days of being home I was strangly drawn to them and they are still a regular sight on my plate.
Galia is wonderful - she is with you every step of the way (come ice, snow or mud) - and she cares so very much about everyone who comes to stay... she was our very own mother hen...clucking after us when we needed clucking after... I cannot thank her enough.... and we continue to stay in touch to keep up with each others progress.
And to my wonderful new friends and "sisters"... we've already met up, eaten, drunk and belly danced together ...hope we all keep on catching up for years to come ... Lx

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank LucyMK_11
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 9, 2011

I had a wonderful two-week stay at Slimmeria. Beautiful walks in the Sussex countryside, daily yoga, yummy ultra-healthy food, relaxing massages and beauty treatments ... we even had a belly dancing class! Galia has put together a wonderful retreat where you can lose weight and have a relaxing holiday at the same time. The rooms were lovely, shower always steaming hot and the atmosphere very relaxing. A quick heads-up that you are likely to lose more weight in the first week than the second. However, this is a perfect kick-start to a healthier you and I would thoroughly recommend it. Unexpectedly, I even came out with some great new friends!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Angie145
London
Reviewed January 5, 2011

This was my second weekend visit to the luxury detox retreat Slimmeria in East Sussex. The food and accommodation was still as fabulous as in Summer but this time I got to experience a facial, foot massage and steam bath which was heavenly.

What an inspiration Galia and Ceri are and I had such fun with the other guests learning belly dance (couldn't persuade boyfriend to join in), yoga and circuit training. A fun way to get fit and lose weight.

I'm planning to go back and hope I can go for the full week next time!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2011

My husband and I visited Slimmeria between Christmas and New Year as part of a short break and lost 5kg and 2.5 kg respectively in the four days we were there. We were very impressed with the weight loss and enjoyed all the activities put on by Galia. The morning walks were lovely through the West Sussex countryside and were varied every day, I especially enjoyed the walk in Hastings by the sea front. All the hard work in the mornings is made a little easier by the pampering in the afternoon.
Galia is a lovely host and has a way of making a variety of appealing meals from just basic vegetables and salad.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne
#2 of 5 in Battle
Bannatyne Spa Hotel
Bannatyne Spa Hotel
#3 of 11 in Hastings

Been to The Slimmeria Retreat? Share your experiences!