“I got reunited with an old friend ...myself and made new friends”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I have had a very rollercoaster ride for the past 3 years - battling depression, diagnosed with alopecia and escaping into work to get through day by day. Even to the stage of almost breakdown and got hospitalised a few months back. I thought I was helping myself and was being healthy. I was so wrong. By chance, I located the godsend angels at Slimmeria ... and they have helped me put me back together. I checked into Slimmeria, with head hanging down... but left the place smiling and have colours in my cheeks. Galia, Ceri, Alla ... has helped me to reverse my life around. I always knew I had the willpower to do it - but with them cheering me on from their experiences really helped to keep me focused on achieving it. The place is amazingly calming and somewhat brings you back in time, the exercise really wakes up your body to its potential (I found my tummy muscles back!!), i walked and walked and took in the fresh air and beautiful countryside.. and what can I say... the food healthy and gorgeously presented in various ways using almost the same ingredients - healthy fine dining. It amazes me how I have forgottten about how simplicity feels. And best of all, I have met beautiful, beautiful souls in the house who came to restore themselves too - all with amazing lifestories and so much to give... great friendships have been ignited, friends that I know will always inspire me. I am so thankful I listened to my heart and visited Slimmeria. It took a load off me... in everyway. Thank you.. rabbits and squirrels included :)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Bandage666

Reviewed October 4, 2010

A very stylish Georgian house lovingly resorted to a very high standard nestled in the Sussex countryside. I received a very warm welcome and suddenly I was made to feel right at home and nothing was too much trouble. I had a beautiful bedroom furnished with period furniture and it was very comfortable, my bedroom overlooked the outdoor pool, beyond that a vineyard and spectacular rolling countryside. The only thing I had to do was to enjoy myself and relax. Each morning a fabulous PTI took us for breathtaking walks around the local countryside, visiting many places that were steeped in history, then back for some stretching and relaxing yoga. Then finally a serving of core stability gym exercises. Just the right amount of exercise to make you feel you had worked hard, but not beasted to death! I thank you for teaching me; the new abs exercise sets too. The food was amazing, really fresh imaginative and beautifully presented 5 star quality and all good for you. I never felt hungry here, unlike some other places I have tried. Then the afternoon I had chosen a package that is a definite must, a steam barrel treatment followed by one hour facial and a one hour massage. Heaven, it felt so good to exercise in the morning, be pampered all afternoon, then feet up for the rest of the day. Absolutely Perfect! All in all I achieved what I set out to do, to lose a few pounds, tone up and to feel rested and rejuvenated. All the boxes were definitely ticked for me and I would certainly return to this place. Once again I really do recommend this place if you need to recharge your batteries.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank ClosetoSomerset
Reviewed September 8, 2010

All i can say is that going to this retreat saved me: before going I could not walk up the stairs with out getting out of breath, I had no motivation to exercise and was missreable about my ever growing body 18+. Yes it was a hard slog 11k walks through the country side and forest's (made easier by the two hour daily treatments and the amazing Galia and Ceri the fitness guri and Alla the fantastic cook and house keeper. I am so greatful since coming home ihave been up every morning at 6 jogging and walking and have continued with my exersise. My live is transform i no longer smoke and am not eating half as much as I did before.
I see this week as an investment in me. I feel like a new woman.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Donna L
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Slimmeria is a unique place with it's own atmosphere and philosophy. The diet and exercise plan are very simple and easy to follow, although it does take a lot of courage to push yourself forward, but with the help of friendly and supportive staff it got easier each day. After leaving the resort I felt rested and almost like a new person ready to change my way life. Definitely will be coming back to this lovely place in the middle of the English countryside.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 27, 2010

A wonderful accomodation and friendly staff in picturesque environment, good walks to historical Battle Abbey and easy to follow slimming programme clearing the mind and detoxing the body.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank timonLondon
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I had such a fabulous stay and felt truly pampered after my weekend at Slimmeria. Tasty, fresh food, a beautiful bedroom and a relaxing massage. Even the sunshine came out to play!
Slimmeria is set in the countryside and was so peaceful with rabbits running in the grounds.
Our host looked after us very well and I can't wait to go back.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple