“WOW! 12.5 lbs in a week!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Feeling far too flabby to go on a beach holiday I decided to look for something a bit different and found this retreat. Did I say a bit??? After a second read of what was on offer I took the plunge and booked the seven day package. Full of apprehension, as I had never done anything like this before, I took myself off to Hye House at the end of June.

As soon as I arrived I felt relaxed but excited to start the journey, which was to end in mind, body and soul all set on a new life plan, which at 53 I didn't think could happen. This is all thanks to Galia and her team of experts who pass their motivation, expertise, kindness and fun all in a thought provoking tool box to take away and continue to use.

You have to be prepared during your stay for a very limited diet and challenging walks and fitness classes. However, these are complimented with wonderfully relaxing Yoga, spa treatments and you time. On the challenging note, you are not made to do anything outside your ability levels, most of the challenge comes from within, the goals you have set and the reason you chose to come to the retreat in the first pace.

I was so lucky to spend my week with a great mix of people, some who were on their second visit, who all provided encouragement and support and shared experiences.

Since returning home, where many people have commented on how good I look, I have stepped up my exercise and take far more care about my shopping list and food in general. My weight is still reducing albeit at a slower pace and I've drooped nearly two dress sizes!

Room Tip: For a total relax I paid the supplement and requested a single occupancy room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JillyK1358
There are newer reviews for The Slimmeria Retreat

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at Slimmeria with a friend for 7days in July this year. One tip to all if you're thinking of going, please do, but not without a good and I mean really good pair of walking boots. The walks are through lovely countryside, or along the seafront, so expect mud, sand, sea, puddles you name it you will walk in it and you will walk for miles. I really didn't know I had it in me to walk so far, as a Townie it's easy never to know your potenial to walk and enjoy it. I really have gained alot of confidence from my stay. It wasn't easy but it is so worth the effort not just for the weight loss, but for the fun and frendships made and also the reflection afterwards. We all go there with our own agenda's, and mine was the booze which I now know I can go without. Thanks Galia for your support. Only down side - not eaten a carrot since.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

I have just returned from a week at Slimmeria and the most exhilarating time of my life.
The house is stunning, we had glorious weather and the food, although light, was in my view delicious. Yes, some of us struggled with it at times but this works and it works well. Yes, you could do it yourself, but you won't wull you and this is just the luck start you'll need. All of the group (21) lost weight, felt more toned and although there is no question it is tough, we kept each other going and overcame many obstacles along the way.
I myself wanted to beat my sweet addiction and am beyond happy to have achieved that. I've also learned that much of what I think my body needs or can do is in my mind. I have returned with an immense love of walking and a palate that enjoys every mouthful of food. I hope I've made some forever friends and am looking forward to our reunion in a few months when I hope we'll all have even more success to share.
Thank you very much to Galia and the Slimmeria team for helping me be me again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have just lost this weight staying at the slimmeria retreat. It was almost painless and the results speak for themselves. Long walks in the country, exercise classes, Spartan vegetarian food deep in the Sussex countryside with no distractions, I have come home slim and well rested determined to keep up this massive kick start to a healthier and slimmer me. Mary Ann

Room Tip: The best rooms are in the main block of the house, mine was on the top floor and the bed was rather...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have just come back from a week at Hye House with Galia and the team and had a fantastic time! Galia really does go out of her way to make sure you are happy and comfortable (through and experience that is at times anything but!)

In our group, there were some people who had been before and they commented on the fact that the food portion sizes had increased so they are clearly taking feedback on board and it didn't seem to hinder the weight loss efforts of the group (cabbage is still cabbage no matter how much you have of it!)

At times I did feel dizzy but Galia always had some "magic raisins" or even an egg (if you got lucky) on hand to ensure that everyone felt OK. It's all about listening to your body to make sure you're not pushing it too far but that you are challenging yourself.

The exercise wasn't overly strenuous (walks, yoga, dance classes) but when you are eating so little almost everything becomes an exertion (I usually consider myself fairly fit but was occasionally struggling).

I lost a total of 8.5 lbs during my week long stay, my skin is glowing and I definitely caught up on my sleep. I would recommend this experience to anyone looking to take some time out and spend it on themselves but who also appreciates that this it won't be a walk in the park but it will be worth it in the end.

The most positive part of the whole experience was the people who were extremely supportive and friendly and many of whom I intend to keep in touch with in future!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank alexygalaxy
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Wanting to lose a few pounds and gain more energy, we decided to try Slimmeria Retreat. We were not disappointed! Galia was a great hostess and was very motivational. The food was delicious despite being just fruit and vegetables. We had a lovely country or seaside walk daily, along with exercise classes, yoga, spa treatments, dance classes and advice on nutrition. We were also lucky enough to have a couple of days hot weather and could use the outdoor pool and sit in the garden and take in the lovely surroundings. Having just spent a week there and losing 9.5lb I feel I have been given the 'tools' to carry on the regime at home (although not so intensively of course). Anybody looking for a kickstart to a healthier lifestyle, I would recommend Slimmeria Retreat.

Room Tip: We shared a bathroom but if you want more privacy and don't mind spending a little more I would...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was initially looking for a fitness getaway for my 16 year old daughter and I. We both needed a kickstart on our health routine and it was important we did it together. Finding a place that takes 16 year olds and adults was challenging in its own right and I wasn't sure if Slimmeria was it but Gallia was very welcoming and understanding from the first phone call and promised that she would adapt the diet to meet my daughters needs as a teenager which she did.
Simmeria is a beautiful house, with a wonderful uplifting air about it. Gallia is a wonderful hostess, firm but with a heart of pure gold and dedicated to helping you achieve great results. She knows what works and if you are committed will really support you to achieve your goals and more.
The range of classes, treatments and most importantly the company of great women makes this a very special time. The walks were tough but allowances were made for those of us who struggled and I was shown alternative walks I could do. By the end of the week, I was totally sold on the benefits of long refreshing and stamina building walks in the country or by the seaside. The trainers were really helpful and knowledgeable and worked well with all levels of fitness. We had great talks on a whole range of related issues.
I thought I would struggle with the food but surprisingly didn't get hungry at all. The fresh vegetables and fruit are skilfully prepared and presented and were refreshing and filling - didn't know there were so many ways to present cabbage!!!
Rooms are delightful and spacious, many en-suite - ask for the garden suite if you can afford it and get it....it is gorgeous!!!! We had the green room and it was more than enough room for both of us, all the staff were friendly and helpful and the spa treatments were wonderful.
This is a great break away and uniquely combines a firm approach to weight loss and fitness with a real focus on pampering, fun and pure relaxation...belly dancing and flamenco were a hoot!!! Simmeria really caters for body, mind and soul and we came away rested. I was there for 6 days and lost 10.5lbs, my daughter was there for 3 and lost 4.5lbs. We were both very pleased.
Gallia has created something really special at Simmeria and it really is worth not just one, but several visits if you are committed to getting healthy again. I will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: All rooms are great but do ask for an en suite if its available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
PowderMills Hotel & Restaurant
Claverton Country House Hotel
The Brickwall Hotel
The Brickwall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Sedlescombe

Been to The Slimmeria Retreat? Share your experiences!