“If you want to lose weight you are guaranteed results at Slimmeria!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
Malta
“If you want to lose weight you are guaranteed results at Slimmeria!”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My 3rd visit in 18 months. I lost 13.5 Ilbs in one week. I have lost weight each time I have visited Slimmeria and I have kept the weight off. It is a unique experience and not for the faint hearted.

However, go with an open mind, embrace the program, meet new people, I went on my own and met some lovely, interesting people who I shall keep in contact with.The one person who always remains constant at the Retreat is Galia who owns, runs, lives and breathes Slimmeria. Her goal is to ensure you get what you paid for. She beams with pride when she sees people's aspirations and goals being achieved at the end of the week.

Each week Galia witnesses everyone going through the detox highs and lows, but, she knows her job is to encourage you to keep on track and will advise and assist where necessary.

This is not a Spa Retreat but a place where you can change your mindset, achieve a sense of well being and will give you a kickstart to weight loss. Spa treatments are available and the therapists are very good but this is at controlled times in the afternoons after the bulk of exercise classes have taken place.

The Retreat is set in beautiful countryside and is only 15 minutes from the sea which allows everyone to experience the beautiful scenery on the daily walks. The detox regime does seem harsh at the time but in hindsight your skin looks more youthful, your eyes look that little bit
brighter and you do feel a whole lot lighter.

There is a weight management option so if you don't want to detox then specify at the time of booking. I will go back to Slimmeria in the future as I have not found any other place like it.

Room Tip: The Garden Room is the room I like the most but is near to the exercise room so can be a bit noisy a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank MaltaKaren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The Slimmeria Retreat is hosted by the lovely Galia, a woman empassioned by her mission to encourage others to lead a healthy lifestyle...
Not for the faint hearted, the retreat provides raw vegetable diet which provides the body an opportunity to detox from a quick fix lifestyle. In addition to this the retreat provides a daily exercise programme consisting of long group walks through the woods, yoga, zumba, belly dancing and swing dancing... to name but a few. There are also a range of theraputic interventions such as massage, facials among others.
The environment is stylish combining contemporary with traditional.
I loved it and would go again - if only for the walks. Never tasted so many variations of cabbage, raddish and some exotic fruits !

4 Thank Caroline M
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Arrived 4th March 2012 to an exceptionally warm welcome from Galia, our host. The house is set in beautiful grounds in the middle of the countryside. Excellent detox, walks, work-outs, yoga and a smattering of belly dancing, lindy-hop and jive and an interesting talk on nutrition. The therapists did an excellent job on my aches and pains! I feel like a new woman - excellent weight loss and now eating less and very much more considerate of what I eat. Well done Galia and Team - you've changed my life, forever! I definitely won't go back to my old ways! Worth every single penny! And an added bonus are my new friends!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank JulieHBells
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I was here for 6 days and really enjoyed the experience. It's a beautiful house and the spas treatments are second to none - wonderful therapists. The daily walks were varied and always scenic and Galia was great at tailoring each experience to the fitness level of the individual, in a group setting. Towards the end of the week I was struggling a little with the de-tox food but I lost 8lbs whilst there and then another 3 since I've been home (2 weeks now.)

A very positive experience and a real pleasure to be with such a great group of fellow guests.

Marian

2 Thank Marian295
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Had an amazing week, look and feel fantastic after a visit to this retreat, it is an excellent mix of exercise, detox and a wonderful spa. Galia is passionate about the programme she runs and gets to know each of her guests on an individual basis, she is inspirational, supportive and motivating. Follow the programme and you won't believe how good you can feel after just a week of exercise and detoxing, I lost an amazing 12lb came home completely relaxed and haven't wanted to eat any junk food or chocolate since I got home. I would recommend to anyone whether you want to lose weight, detox, take up exercise or just relax in a beautiful setting. I will definitely be returning soon.

2 Thank debra c
London
Reviewed February 18, 2012

i cant recommend Slimmeria, Galia and her team enough - the week was such an amazing experience and met some truly wonderful people. Try it - you absolutely wont regret it!

4 Thank leafy211
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed at the Slimmeria Retreat 5th to 12th February 2012 and I cannot recommend it highly enough. I had wanted this kind of experience for about a year but this was obviously the 'right time' for me.

Before booking I spoke to Galia, the owner, and discussed my requirements for the week and she went out of her way to accommodate those.

I arrived in the snow and was met with a very warm welcome, my room was on the top floor (attic level) and the room was beautiful. It is a really old building and has such character.

I wanted to shed a few pounds but I got so much more from the week. Not only did I lose about 10lbs while I was there but I have continue to lose this week. I cannot remember feeing as well as I do now and, with the help of the nutritional talks and Galia's support, I have been able to make some small changes to my lifestyle which will help me contine in a more healthy way.

I went alone and within a short time the group (about 15) bonded and they were such lovely company. It is important to work as a group during the week, motivating and supporting each other to keep focused.

The morning walks were stunning, we were walking in the snow a great deal so it was quite hard going but well worth it. I loved the coastal walks too.

The food is abit of a shock to the system but you can live very comfortably on what you are given and Galia and Olga make it very tasty. If you do what Galia tells you to do you will lose weight and you will come away feeling healthier.

Galia is so passionate about helping people, she was a tremendous support to me and I cannot thank her enough.

I loved my time there and am so glad I have found such a wonderful retreat where I know I can escape to, I will definitely be going back :-).

3 Thank Jules2204
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne
#2 of 5 in Battle
Bannatyne Spa Hotel
Bannatyne Spa Hotel
#3 of 11 in Hastings

Been to The Slimmeria Retreat? Share your experiences!