“Amazing stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

It was my first visit to the Slimmeria after being recommended by a friend, we were made to feel really welcome and the staff could nt do enough for us. After a week we both lossed around 6 pounds each and felt a million dollors thank you we defiantly will be returning

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

Just to say I have been here twice and lost 1st time 7lbs I think and 2nd time not so much, Galia is a very very nice person and accommodating. I watched 4 in a bed and one of those women said she was arrogant.. Arrogant is definitely not her middle name. Far from it. It is a gorgeous place the bedrooms are also very nice.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank susan s
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

At last I have got around to writing my review of my second brilliant stay at Slimmeria. Another 8lbs lost. You can do no better than visit, where you will be treated so well, and stay in lovely surroundings. Everything is tailored for your well being and you will leave there totally motivated and feeling great. Galia has found a brilliant way to help people get that kick start to loosing weight and for those who just want time out for a detox. Whatever your needs Galia will help you. Someone said in their review 'good bye to Champneys' she had replaced it with Slimmeria. I started my journey back in June and have not put the weight back on which is a first for me.
Don't hesitate, you can do no better, book now you will not regret it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank anne1911
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Hye House is a really beautiful and cosy retreat space. The practitioners are excellent and the quality of care and service is really good. I lost 7.5 lbs in the week, although when i weighed myself two days later, 3 of those lbs were already back! Of course, it is fairly unrealistic to expect to maintain a loss that happens so quickly, but what has been really valuable is the renewed commitment to my body and health that I achieved as a result of my time at Slimmeria. Would I come again? Probably not for the whole week as I got quite lightheaded on the veg only plan, but I would come for a weekend to recharge and refresh. Lovely walks and some really fun exercise, plus plenty of time to reflect, enjoy treatments and take care of myself. I think you would get a HUGE amount out of this is you were very out of shape or had a terrible diet - as someone who takes very regular exercise and pays attention to their diet, I probably learned less than other people, but my benefits were meaningful to me, so that's great!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Erica S
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

I went to Slimmeria hoping to lose a few pounds and get in the habit of exercising. It was amazing. The English countryside is just beautiful, so the daily walks were the highlight of my day. In addition to the daily walks, we had dance classes, yoga classes, and spa treatments. It was lovely. And Galia was a wonderful host. The entire experience is one I would recommend highly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Charlene W
Wallingford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

I have just returned from the safe hands of Galia having lost 12.5lbs in a week! Like most I work too many long hours,eat the wrong things and have no exercise regime at all. For many years i have suffered from lots of back trouble and for the first time ever i feel pain feee.The retreat was tough but exhilarating by the end.The combination of beautiful walks in the country and by the sea,hard but fun fitness classes,yoga,Zumba,swing and even belly dancing have given me back the energy and toned those flabby bits that were heading south rapidly.
The afternoons are for resting,reading,pampering in the spa or even swimming in the outdoor pool which is just what is needed after the busy mornings.
Galia is motivational ,kind,fun and on a mission to help us all reach our goals . I would recommend this retreat to anybody no matter how fit or overweight ...don't be afraid it will be worth it I promise. Fiona

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

I have been to several 'boot camp' type retreats in the past but none of them have been as pleasant and have given such great results as Slimmeria. Galia has got the balance just right between exercise, relaxation and eating. Although the food portions are small and light they are very delicious, nutritious and satisfying. The exercise is gentle which balances well with the low calorie intake and the whole retreat gives a good balance between exercise and relaxation with most of the exercise done in the morning (but not at a ridiculously early hour) followed by relaxation and time for spa treatments in the afternoon and then a fun, dance class in the evening to liven things up.
It was the 'easiest' as far as exercising and most enjoyable retreat I have been to and to cap it all I lost nearly a stone in weight in 6 days which is double the amount I had previously loss at the other more aggressive 'boot camp' style retreats which I hated. I have already booked to go back to Slimmeria and to see the delightful Galia. I couldnt recommend this retreat more highly...
Laura P from Cheltenham

Room Tip: The rooms are all of a good standard even the cheapest rooms are good.