“You can do no better than visit Slimmeria”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
Reviewed November 23, 2011

At last I have got around to writing my review of my second brilliant stay at Slimmeria. Another 8lbs lost. You can do no better than visit, where you will be treated so well, and stay in lovely surroundings. Everything is tailored for your well being and you will leave there totally motivated and feeling great. Galia has found a brilliant way to help people get that kick start to loosing weight and for those who just want time out for a detox. Whatever your needs Galia will help you. Someone said in their review 'good bye to Champneys' she had replaced it with Slimmeria. I started my journey back in June and have not put the weight back on which is a first for me.
Don't hesitate, you can do no better, book now you will not regret it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank anne1911

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Hye House is a really beautiful and cosy retreat space. The practitioners are excellent and the quality of care and service is really good. I lost 7.5 lbs in the week, although when i weighed myself two days later, 3 of those lbs were already back! Of course, it is fairly unrealistic to expect to maintain a loss that happens so quickly, but what has been really valuable is the renewed commitment to my body and health that I achieved as a result of my time at Slimmeria. Would I come again? Probably not for the whole week as I got quite lightheaded on the veg only plan, but I would come for a weekend to recharge and refresh. Lovely walks and some really fun exercise, plus plenty of time to reflect, enjoy treatments and take care of myself. I think you would get a HUGE amount out of this is you were very out of shape or had a terrible diet - as someone who takes very regular exercise and pays attention to their diet, I probably learned less than other people, but my benefits were meaningful to me, so that's great!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Erica S
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I went to Slimmeria hoping to lose a few pounds and get in the habit of exercising. It was amazing. The English countryside is just beautiful, so the daily walks were the highlight of my day. In addition to the daily walks, we had dance classes, yoga classes, and spa treatments. It was lovely. And Galia was a wonderful host. The entire experience is one I would recommend highly.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Charlene W
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I have just returned from the safe hands of Galia having lost 12.5lbs in a week! Like most I work too many long hours,eat the wrong things and have no exercise regime at all. For many years i have suffered from lots of back trouble and for the first time ever i feel pain feee.The retreat was tough but exhilarating by the end.The combination of beautiful walks in the country and by the sea,hard but fun fitness classes,yoga,Zumba,swing and even belly dancing have given me back the energy and toned those flabby bits that were heading south rapidly.
The afternoons are for resting,reading,pampering in the spa or even swimming in the outdoor pool which is just what is needed after the busy mornings.
Galia is motivational ,kind,fun and on a mission to help us all reach our goals . I would recommend this retreat to anybody no matter how fit or overweight ...don't be afraid it will be worth it I promise. Fiona

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I have been to several 'boot camp' type retreats in the past but none of them have been as pleasant and have given such great results as Slimmeria. Galia has got the balance just right between exercise, relaxation and eating. Although the food portions are small and light they are very delicious, nutritious and satisfying. The exercise is gentle which balances well with the low calorie intake and the whole retreat gives a good balance between exercise and relaxation with most of the exercise done in the morning (but not at a ridiculously early hour) followed by relaxation and time for spa treatments in the afternoon and then a fun, dance class in the evening to liven things up.
It was the 'easiest' as far as exercising and most enjoyable retreat I have been to and to cap it all I lost nearly a stone in weight in 6 days which is double the amount I had previously loss at the other more aggressive 'boot camp' style retreats which I hated. I have already booked to go back to Slimmeria and to see the delightful Galia. I couldnt recommend this retreat more highly...
Laura P from Cheltenham

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Laura P
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Another lovely stay, and another half a stone off!.

Its replaced Champneys as my place to go to detox and lose some weight quickly, relax and tone up in a week.

2 hour walks in the morning, then and hour of working out then an hour of yoga then a light lunch. You go at your own pace and if you skip a class that's your business, and I did when I was tired.

Treatments in the afternoon, can also pop into Battle which is pretty to shop, or go horse riding in a stables in the village which I really liked or just sunbathe round the pool or sit in the sun room.

Again met some lovely people, as largely people go on their own, and with a common goal of shifting a dress size in a week a nice camadarie builds up, and usually only 12 people at a time so you get to know people which is nice.

Stayed in the Garden suite this time which is beautiful, lovely soft bed and huge bathroom and french doors onto a largely private garden at the back as no one ever seems to use it preferring to sit round pool at the front.

Surprised at two of the negative reviews recently, 400 or 500 calories a day for a week is easier than a juicing fast and not dangerous at all if you are not pregnant and no medical conditions, you can't expect to lose between 10 and 14 pounds in a week which a lot of my group did without a bit of hard work!!.

Reccomend as a kick start to losing a lot of weight or just to shift a size quickly which is what I wanted to do.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank SGHRET
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My adult daughter and I stayed at Slimmeria for a whole week. Slimmeria is located in an old Georgean building beautifully decorated to high standarts. Our days were full of activities; we didn't even notice how fast time flied by. I loved starting our days with long country walks, followed by exercise and yoga classes. We were pampered with massages and facials in the afternoons and had more activities in the evenings, Belly Dancing being the favorite! We were comfortable with the quantity of daily food, never felt deprived and found meals to be tasty and elegantly served. The owner Galia is friendly, caring and tries very hard to please her guests. I had never written a review for anything before; I am glad I finally got around to writing one for Slimmeria; this way I can extend my personal thanks to Galia. We had a fabulous week and would love to go back for detox, weight loss, healthy living or just for a relaxing week in the beautiful English Countryside.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family