“Amazed at results in such a short space of time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
London, United Kingdom
“Amazed at results in such a short space of time”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The host Galia proves that weight loss is just a question of discipline and sticking to a plan. Anyone can lose weight while staying at Slimmeria.

I didn't have much to lose - 69 kg down to 66 kg, 3 kilos gone in 4 days, and a further kilo when I got home. The amount of food is minimal - hot water with lemon at 7.30am, 2-hour walk in the countryside - either along the beach or in the fields - a pleasure rather than hard work - then fruit juice and 2 hrs of exercise - a 1hr curcuits class and 1hr gentle yoga. Spa treatments in the afernoon, relaxing by the pool, chat with other guests, reading lots of lifestyle magazines while in the light comfy airy lounge, dinner and a dance class. Bed time at 9.30am, plenty of rest. Extra walks are optional and are recommended. Food was very light - salad or veggie soup - was hungry for the first 2 days, but on the 3rd day got used to the amount. The benefit is absolutely no alcohol (my vice) and I went back home to eat smaller portions. So far 1 month later I have maintained what I lost. The exercises are moderate, anyone could do them - a bit hard for me, as I never go to the gym, but they were palatable by day 4. Much easier than a personal trainer who once made me do burpees and run 2 miles on a treadmill - nothing like that in Slimmeria -just lunges, squats, some boxersize and upper body weight work.

On the morning trips you get to see the seaside - historic Hastings - or you can go all the way to Battle abbey. Enjoable walk, sometimes uphill - very reasonable level for a moderately fit person. The countryside around Battle is beautiful - I would love to come there to de-stress, not necessarily lose weight. The property has an outdoor pool, that's not heated, a welcome plunge after a peculiar steam sauna box. Various therapists are being invited for massage and facials.

Negatives? well, I booked late so ended up staying in a twin room with single beds that were not that comfortable - the interior of the recently restored house is magnificent but a little spartan - I am a fan of baths not showers - a bath in every room would be a bonus after a hard's day exercise - maybe something for the future!

Otherwise, enjoyed my time there a lot and forgot all about daily life in London. Visiting in August is recommended as if you get hungry, there are plenty of fresh blackberries in the woods, there is golf and horse-riding nearby. The estate has a little vineyard with plenty of rabbits - you will have a calming countryside experience.

2 Thank Brummeltrull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I originally wanted to go on a full blown boot camp for 7 days but due to shin splints i was advised not to, so i thought this would be the next best thing - it turned out that it was even better than a boot camp!

I wasnt under any illusion it wasnt going to be hard going, and when i got there i realised that i was right not to be. It is a very hard week and yes you will feel hungry and tired but that is normal. You can survive on what you eat in the day and its not unhealthy! I participated in every exercise class, and went on a couple of extra walks and i lost 11 pounds in 5 days!!

I would recommend this to anyone of any age, I have met all ages this past week and everyone was very supportive and we got on well as a group. Galia who runs it is a very lovely lady who makes sure you are alright and will look after you all the way through. I will be going back next year no doubt about it. Kathryn (23)

Room Tip: I shared a bathroom and it was fine, so choose what ever you can afford!!
1 Thank Kathryn_88_11
UK
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have just returned from a 5 day stay at Slimmeria, I lost 8.5lbs which is just the kick-start I need to lose some further weight. I cannot praise Galia enough, who was always there to support and encourage me.
The program is quite tough, but the country walks were beautiful, the food very tasty, and the optional afternoon treatments bliss We were a good group who supported one another, and also had lots of laughs. I would not hesitate to recommend Slimmeria to weight conscious friends, family and colleagues

1 Thank leasuretaker
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The experience was great: I loved the house, the area, the hostess and the programme. It is hard but if you come prepared for it, you will achieve what you are looking for. The food was the hardest part: it was absolutely delicious because I love vegetables and fruits. However, the amounts were small and as I am not used to feeling hungry, it was really a challenge. But everyone can do it! The bonus for loosing weight was that the cellulite was reduced noticeably. It is also definitely worth taking some massages during your stay. Also great opportunity to catch up on some reading! 10 out 10 retreat!

Room Tip: Go for the cheaper ones as you wont spend that much time in the rooms anyway :)
2 Thank Aili V
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This was my second week at Slimmeria and again I succeeded in losing a lot more weight than I had expected (15lbs). While not an easy option, Slimmeria's mix of strict vegan diet, brisk country and beach walks, fitness exercises and yoga certainly gets results. Galia and her staff are firm but kind and encouraging, and there are talks and classes to get you motivated too. Particularly valuable are the nutrition tips on portion control and food combining which I have been following (more or less!) since leaving. There are also dance classes, which are fun, and excellent spa treatments which are good value for a Londoner. I will definitely return for a 'top-up' soon and can recommend Slimmeria unreservedly for anyone wanting to kick-start a new healthy lifestyle. (Christine, London)

2 Thank Christine W
Southampton
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I spent a week at Slimmeria, it was a wonderful experience, it helped me to get motivated and lose weight. I really enjoyed the daily walks in incredible surroundings.

I would recommend this place to people who primarily want to lose weight but also for those who want to clear their heads.

This would be suitable as a break away on your own or as a couple. Galia is really inspiring and motivating and all the other staff are lovely too.

2 Thank Liosa C
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed for 5 days last month and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The programme is not easy but is it safe and effective and a really good kick start to a healthy regime. The food is tasty and nutritious, the country walks are stunning and Galia and her staff offer amazing support with kindness and humour.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hogmany1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
PowderMills Country House Hotel
#3 of 11 in Hastings
Crowhurst Park
Crowhurst Park
#3 of 8 in Battle

Been to The Slimmeria Retreat? Share your experiences!