“Another excellent result!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This was my second week at Slimmeria and again I succeeded in losing a lot more weight than I had expected (15lbs). While not an easy option, Slimmeria's mix of strict vegan diet, brisk country and beach walks, fitness exercises and yoga certainly gets results. Galia and her staff are firm but kind and encouraging, and there are talks and classes to get you motivated too. Particularly valuable are the nutrition tips on portion control and food combining which I have been following (more or less!) since leaving. There are also dance classes, which are fun, and excellent spa treatments which are good value for a Londoner. I will definitely return for a 'top-up' soon and can recommend Slimmeria unreservedly for anyone wanting to kick-start a new healthy lifestyle. (Christine, London)

2  Thank Christine W
There are newer reviews for The Slimmeria Retreat

Reviewed September 7, 2011

I spent a week at Slimmeria, it was a wonderful experience, it helped me to get motivated and lose weight. I really enjoyed the daily walks in incredible surroundings.

I would recommend this place to people who primarily want to lose weight but also for those who want to clear their heads.

This would be suitable as a break away on your own or as a couple. Galia is really inspiring and motivating and all the other staff are lovely too.

2  Thank Liosa C
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed for 5 days last month and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The programme is not easy but is it safe and effective and a really good kick start to a healthy regime. The food is tasty and nutritious, the country walks are stunning and Galia and her staff offer amazing support with kindness and humour.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hogmany1
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Slimmeria is no place for people who have not made a real decision to take responsibility for their health and vitalility however, if you are ready to tackle issues of weight, sugar addiction, digestion problems etc then it is the place for you. The wonderful staff give you the tools in an encouraging, warm, friendly environment and you use them to change yourself from where you are to where you want to be. The food is delicious, beautifully presented and thought through, the atmosphere is so positive that it should be impossible not to get positive results. In five days I went from 11st 4lbs to 10st 8lbs and now, four days later I am 10st 4lbs. Like I say, they give you the tools and show you how to use them, the rest really is up to you. It helps that the countryside is lovely and the morning walks are a positve start to the day.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor in a room to myself with an ensuite shower room, it was lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alexandra B
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Slimmeria is definitely a conscious decision - do not bother to come if you are not committed to participate fully . If you throw yourself into the regime you will be blessed with an amazing series of discoveries about yourself, food, and the fact it is possible to do an hours boxercise class after a 2 hour brisk walk !
Galia is just wonderful, has a positive response to whatever you throw at her, encourages you to do as much as you can without the traditional boot camp approach.

The food is delicious , but there is not a lot of it ( but that is what you are there for ! ) I must admit to not being able to face cabbage by the end of the week but some of the meals were just lovely.

all the staff are amazing so helpful and encouraging great fitness clases and yoga . I went on the spa or not to spa package which for me was essential - knowing as you trug back from an 8 mile walk that you are having a massage later really helps. The quality of the treatments are excellent and the staff lovely

My room was lovely , clean and had a great shower which was well received after a hard exercise session. The house is beautiful , there are lovely grounds and a vineyard. The pool isn't heated which is a real shame as I would have used it daily , but didn't go in at all as it was so cold

The group I was with were amazing very positive and some really good people, obviously this is luck of the draw but I found positivity is contagious

I would definitely recommend Slimmeria to have lost so much weight in one week is just amazing, but I have taken away the need to seriously reduce my portions even though I have always eaten healthily ..... Oh and exercise , exercise. Exercise !!!!!!

Room Tip: There are a variety of room standards mine was lovely , most are I think but there are a couple of v...
1  Thank Alipops
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is a small privately owned resort which offers a well balanced regime of diet, exercise and rest in luxury, well managed surroundings. For me, the diet was perfect in so much that the Detox worked. I have not craved cigarettes since arriving there. Six weeks later and honestly I can not believe this. I believe the detox cleaned my system of the chemical dependency of 40 years. In addition I lost 12lbs!

This regime is not for those looking for fluffy robes and smelly candles (though the luxury is there) this was a liberating experience which required my full commitment and hard work which was matched at every step of the way Galia's support and attention to detail. The groups are small so you are monitored and supported. The system is well thought out and it works.

Room Tip: Let Galia know your requirements and she will seeyou get them.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank debra w
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is my second time at Slimmeria. First time I lost 3.5 Kg, this time 5.5 Kg.
The perfect combination of diet, exercise and SPA treatment, and dance classes in the evening.
The psycological support is really excellently done by Galia who encorages you in keep going.
Hard work but feasable if you are motivated.
The place is wonderful, the nature around is amazing.
Our group was really nice and supportive: we had fun together.
My plan is to try to keep my weight and going back again soon.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank luisaB186225
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
PowderMills Hotel & Restaurant
Claverton Country House Hotel
The Brickwall Hotel
The Brickwall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Sedlescombe

Been to The Slimmeria Retreat? Share your experiences!