The Slimmeria Retreat
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Battle
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
View Hotel
All reviewsweight losskick startbelly dancingspa treatmentsexercise classeslost lbshard workgreat resultsboot campwhat it says on the tincalorie intakemet some lovely peoplesecond weeklow caloriegreat group of peoplefelt sickfitness regime
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I found the retreat and staff excellant,and the help and support first class. The mixture of walks and exercise in the morning and relaxation with massage,facials and steam cabinet in the afternoon,great.
Galia and the staff do a great job and the house is a relaxing environ ment to detox,relax and lose weight.
As work in medical profession,was pleased to escape a busy,stressful work environment for the week and lose an amazing 18lbs in 6 days!! and many inches!!

Kind Regards

Jed James/Winchester Hants.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Jed71
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect when I entered the Slimmeria retreat: I know that I had over-indulged over the previous 6 months or so and it (and I) had reached a critical mass. I needed to lose the weight - and fast.
I wasn't disappointed.
The food is wholesome, fresh but, pulling no punches, there ain't a lot of it! That combined with fast 2 hour walks in beautiful surroundings along with aerobics, dance and yoga classes makes for the ulitmate fat burner, with the scales having the final say on the 6th day: I lost nearly a stone (13.5 lbs) in only 6 days. Result!
The treatments were terrific - full marks to Simone on the sports massages, and Galia as hostess was firm but fair - just the kick up the (somewhat enlarged) backside I needed!
Would I come again? Yes, absolutely and I intend to return once I've lost the next stone or so and am plateauing as I reach my final goal weight. Those size 8's are softly calling my name and I intend to get back into them again!
Just a couple of words of caution: this is detox and as such it affects different people in different ways, and you're likely to have one really off day - I had a headache and lethargy, but that cleared. Persevere because it's well worth it. By day 4/5 you'll be feeling brilliant. Also only use walking boots/trainers that you have worn in - if not, you may get blisters and will need to take Compeed plasters which I had to use the whole time I was there.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank LondonSunseeker63
Reviewed May 26, 2011

With those last, most difficult-to-shift, 12 pounds to lose, I was expecting to end my 6-day stay at The Slimmeria having lost 3 or, at a push, 4. Well, to my surprise, I lost 9 pounds (4kg)!!!!!

Galia, who runs the resort was fabulous and it was purely up to each person to decide how much they wanted to push themselves. I had forgotten how little food we need to exist (though somehow, I can't remember being particularly hungry) and that even though I have spent many, many years being a couch potato, I still had it in me to walk.

I left the premises feeling more flexible, positive, alert and much slimmer. Most importantly, my gigantic appetite had disappeared. It was fascinating to see others, bigger/taller than myself, lose even greater amounts. Slimmeria returned my enthusiasm. I no longer need to spend serious time preparing special diet meals. The beauty of Slimmeria is in its simplicity and amazing value-for-money and the treatments, particularly some of the massages, were superb!

One tip...Decide what is more important to you....Ultimate luxury and your creature comforts OR losing weight surrounded by a great support system....If it is the latter then you will not be disappointed.

Room for improvement: My particular bed and bedding was not comfortable though there were other beautiful (higher-graded) rooms... The quality of the towels could have been better without too much cost involved....The shower ensuite was tiny. That said, any complaints, however big/small, seemed to disappear when you jump on the scales at the end of your stay!!

YOU MUST TRY THIS PLACE BEFORE ANY OTHERS....

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank SuntannersLondon
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Really didn't know what to expect having booked 5 days at Slimmeria. We were a group of 14 (perhaps a little too many for the staff to handle at times?) but were looked after very well. The house is beautiful, location stunning and the walking routes were varied and sometimes challenging. All of the visiting trainers/yoga teachers were fantastic and adapted to our decreasing energy levels towards mid week, picking up the pace again at the end! After getting over the initial shock of the reduced portions of food, we all settled in to routine and really savoured what was delivered to the table - especially if it had the added bonus of a bit of protein! Spa treatments in the afternoon were lovely and much needed. Overall weight loss after 4 and a half days for me was 12 Ib's which I was extremely happy with. I think it's going to pretty tough to keep it going but it has certainly given me the kick start I needed to try. Thank you to Galia for sharing her vision. I really hope it pays off. My only slight complaint would be the extremely uncomfortable mattress in my room but at least something was done to try and rectify this. Would suggest some of the beds are replaced when possible as a few of the others had similar problems. And lastly, on a marketing level - I really think you should change the name of Slimmeria. It lends a slightly downmarket feel to an experience which is very much more upmarket! Simply calling it Hye House or Hye House Retreat would give it the edge - but that's just my humble opinion! Thanks again Galia xx

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Jeanie360
Reviewed May 22, 2011

A lovely house in beautiful countryside and a great hostess in Galia who somehow managed to keep our group focussed and determined with her calm and sympathetic manner. All the therapists and instructors were excellent.
It's not as difficult as you might think to keep to the very strict de-tox diet as there's no choice for a start and your time is organised with walks, exercising, yoga and then there are all the spa options in the afternoons and you are encouraged to rest if you feel you need to. I enjoyed the different 'dancercise' classes to have a go at too after supper.
My husband lost 18 pounds and I lost eleven and we are both much much fitter after our week.
My only adverse comment is that if you are very unfit it is very hard at the beginning of the week as it is quite full on straight away but you can go at your own pace and, as I found, you will feel so pleased with yourself as you notice each day that things get slightly easier that you leave determined to carry on with that improvement.
I will definitely return to Slimmeria if I need to. So go!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple