“Fitter, lighter and definitely de-stressed - exactly what I'd hoped for!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
Reviewed May 22, 2011

A lovely house in beautiful countryside and a great hostess in Galia who somehow managed to keep our group focussed and determined with her calm and sympathetic manner. All the therapists and instructors were excellent.
It's not as difficult as you might think to keep to the very strict de-tox diet as there's no choice for a start and your time is organised with walks, exercising, yoga and then there are all the spa options in the afternoons and you are encouraged to rest if you feel you need to. I enjoyed the different 'dancercise' classes to have a go at too after supper.
My husband lost 18 pounds and I lost eleven and we are both much much fitter after our week.
My only adverse comment is that if you are very unfit it is very hard at the beginning of the week as it is quite full on straight away but you can go at your own pace and, as I found, you will feel so pleased with yourself as you notice each day that things get slightly easier that you leave determined to carry on with that improvement.
I will definitely return to Slimmeria if I need to. So go!

Room Tip: We had the four poster room which was great.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wrightpen
There are newer reviews for The Slimmeria Retreat

Reviewed May 14, 2011

I arrived back from Slimmeria yesterday after a 5 day programe of detox, excercise and very restricted eating and having lost 6lbs and getting back into my clothes very comfortably am delighted with the results.
I only needed to lose 8lb in total as the weight had sneaked up slowly (chocolate, cakes etc) besides me going to the gym 3 /4 times a week and walking 20-40 miles per week. I have a trainer at the gym and he told me it was my diet which I knew anyway so after seeing the Slimmeria website decided it was time to get serious.
Slimmeria is for the determined as its a tough regime and Galia (who runs it) is a tough lady too. She won't let up as she promises results and being the Russian lady she is she will get results from you any way which way she can!!
Galia is a real Gem with lots of patience and enthusiasim and is genuinely comcerned that all her guests are OK.
Slimmeria is a good mix of boot camp and spa and she has definately found the right formula for anyone male of female to achieve a good weight loss in a a short time.
I wish her lots of luck in her venture and I for one would return if the weight creeps up again although I am now in the right frame of mind to keep on the right track without being obsessive about my weight.
If you are serious about a weight loss then this is the place for you to either achieve your goal or kick start you off onto a more healthy lifestyle.Many thanks to Galia and her commendable team for a very hard but enjoyable 5 days. As they say NO PAIN NO GAIN!!! I am fitter , healthier and happier after my visit
Meryl Verkade

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank merylLondon
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I have been to several detox, weight-loss, boot-camp places around the world. In my opinion this one knocks the socks off the others when it comes to fast results. I stayed for one week and lost 12.5lbs! The mornings are tough, power-walking and then exercising for a few hours. From lunchtime onwards it's bliss though. Steams, facials, massages and whatever else you desire in terms of pampering. Galia, your hostess, is a complete delight and ensures you are looked after to the very highest standard in all respects. The place is incredibly professionally run with a team of kind, friendly and very experienced staff. I cannot fault The Slimmeria Retreat in anyway whatsoever other than their luxurious bath towels, which were just so lush I couldn't dry the inside of my ears with them! I will always choose to go back here rather than anywhere else.

Room Tip: Four poster room or The Garden room
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank TracyGreig
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I was ready for a rest, a chance to spend time getting active with my body while allowing my mind to slow down and relax. I found ample opportunity to have these needs met at this venue: long walks, excercise and yoga classes plus the chance to take extra classes in the afternoons, which I confess I did once, when I felt energised by my newly lighter metabolic and digestive self.

I enjoyed the insight and awareness of restricting food intake, which I hadn't been fully prepared for, and have been trying really hard to manage my portion control and being mindful of the behaviours I have around food since I've returned to the city and my PC.

My only gripe: I'm not a soft mattress type of person, but the view from my room and bathroom more than compensated, as well as the attentive staff and the various other places to rest and recline about the place.

Room Tip: garden terrace is lovely but not sound proofed
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank emmabondor
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Our stay at Slimmeria (we are a couple) was an excellent experience, if rigorous and challenging, for slimming, detox, and toning. Together we lost 20lbs, a satisfactory result. We felt well cared-for, by Galia and her excellent professional and friendly staff. All in a very beautiful home. There was enthusiasm, humor, and sensitivity to the individual's needs, support and kindness when we needed it. The food was really quite delicious and beautifully presented. Experience with other participants was integral to our stay, and continues as a thread, for support and friendship. We were sorry to leave (a comradely bonding had occurred), even as we felt it time to go. On to the next challenge, how to maintain the momentum of that 8 day retreat, in the face of so many poor, life-style attractions? This continues to be tough. Perhaps we needed more preparation for the real world? This, our only reservation - a great place!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I can’t than Galia enough for the gift of health she has given me on this trip. My only regret is that I could not stay longer. In my short visit of four nights, I think I was able to make great strides in improving eating habits, which is the reason I went. Her warm hospitality and true love and care for guests is obvious, even for guests that were demanding and challenging. You are not going to an institutionalized, medical place when you visit Slimmeria. Think of it as visiting a caring friend who wants the best for everyone. She is supportive of every decision made by her guests and always makes sure you feel very welcome. For your short visit, try to check your negativity at the door (for the sake of the guests if you can’t have the courtesy to do so for just Gahlia) and go outside your comfort zone and trust. You will be amply rewarded by the way you feel upon departure, and hopefully for the rest of your life.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank sag3London
Reviewed April 19, 2011

After having a terrible year last year, i started this year in need of some proper rest and relaxation. I only had a weeks holiday and was searching for somewhere that would meet my needs, well i found it!!!

Absolutely fantastic retreat, Galia is truly inspirational and so very encoraging and motivating as well as being a fantastic cook. When a little extra help is needed, Michael provides a pep talk and together they keep you going.

I left feeling utterly rested and refreshed, the walks and yoga really worked a treat. When i came back friends commented on how well i looked.

A real find and definately worth a trip!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Kiran S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
PowderMills Hotel & Restaurant
Claverton Country House Hotel
The Brickwall Hotel
The Brickwall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Sedlescombe

Been to The Slimmeria Retreat? Share your experiences!