“Memories”
Review of Yesterday's World - CLOSED

Yesterday's World
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I visited with my 95 year old Mum......Fortunately she,s fit as there are lots of narrow stairs but really worth the effort if you can manage them .(there is a lift for part of the exhiubition ) .We really enjoyed our visit and started by buying some old fashioned sweets which we ate on the way round .Looking at the old shop window displays she kept saying "I used to buy that " and "I used to have that toy " It was all beautifully displayed as room and shop scenes and as you walk around the old building it really captures past times . Fun to take all the family especially if you have an older relative with you to bring it all to life .

1  Thank Pru N

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Mother in law chose this because of the old fashioned sweet shop....which was seriously over stated on the leaflet...three shelves do not make a sweet shop, quite a few of the information buttons did not work and while it was nice to look in each area and either learn something..or do the "ooh i remember that/had one of those" it does look like it needs an injection of cash. We were hoping for a cuppa on the terrace and a slice of cake but thw coffee shop was closed....

1  Thank K8Rawlinson
Reviewed May 5, 2014

How fantastic I took the children and my family we had such a great time looking all the old shops and the sweets I had when I was young we spent hours looking around

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a very charming attraction that is a lot bigger than it appears from front. It takes you on a journey back in time showing the shops and everyday items from yesteryear. It has a lovely cafe area and veranda overlooking the gardens and children's play village, as well as a well stocked shop.

I spent a good couple of hours there, and to be honest could have spent longer, but time was against me on the day.

The only down side was many of the bulbs in the displays had blown, and due to the lack of light some of the things being displayed were hard to see. Also, many items had fallen over or moved within the displays and most of them looked like they had not seen a duster for years. Saying that, it is most enjoyable and great value for money and well worth a visit.

NOTE: Only the rear section of the attraction is fully accessible to those who have problems walking or who are in a pram or wheelchair (or use a walking aid of some kind).

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

This an interesting and quirky little place. It's set over 5 floors in an old house and every room represents a different shop or room in a house (ie the nursery). It's a bit of fun just to see all the old items in each "shop". It whiled away an hour or so and it's great if the weather is bad.