“Fine dining in Battle”
Review of Nobles Restaurant - CLOSED

Nobles Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Battle Train Station - approx 10 minute walk.
Description: In the historic and beautiful town of Battle (remember the Battle of Hastings, which was fought between Harold the Saxon king and William the Conqueror in 1066, in which William won and built the fabulous Battle Abbey!) stands 'Cut & Grill' within the busy high street. Cut & Grill is a steakhouse serving delicious steaks, burgers & grills. Managed by Paul Noble (Head Chef), who has over 30 years' experience as a chef & Debbie Noble (Front of House Manager) the emphasis is on quality local Sussex produce. They genuinely care about their produce and its origin and support their local suppliers, farmers & butchers. All the produce comes within a 20 mile radius of the restaurant. Paul & Debbie used to run the award winning Nobles Restaurant but now feel Battle needed something modern casual, fun and relaxing, so have created the 'Cut & Grill''! The new concept opened on 2nd August 2016 and the look is modern, warm, relaxed & inviting There is great kids & smaller appetite menu too, along with large & mini homemade desserts, great range of local & international beers, ales, ciders & wines! Please feel free to just pop in and see for yourself.
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Fine dining in Battle”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

On 16th May, Nobles presented a six course fish 'taster' evening which I would rate as first class. Excellent set menu of appetisers, soup, bonne bouche, broth, fish, and desert with a satisfying lemon and lime granita as palate refresher. Good service from the staff who were attentive but thankfully avoided my pet hate of constantly asking 'is everything is alright for you'. £100 with wine and service included. We recommend it and will go again soon.

england
“Great food & friendly service”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We've visited several times. The food is first class and the service exquisite. Paul & Carol arranged a meal for 14 of us for a special occasion and as ever the experience was hugely enjoyable.
Highly recommended for a great meal.

Battle, United Kingdom
“Hazel”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I cannot rate Nobles as anything other than first class. I have dined at Nobles twice and on both occasions have left the resturant feeling I have had an amazing meal, and relaxed due to the service and ambience. I cannot fault anything I experienced at Nobles especially as on one occasion I dined on my own and was well looked after by Debbie. I really am looking forward to my next visit.

London, United Kingdom
“Yummy Roast Dinner”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Just had my first Sunday Roast Dinner at Nobles. The roast chicken could not have been more perfectly cooked!
And by the way words don't do justice to the cheesecake :-)

• Visited April 2013
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We dined at Nobles on Saturday evening for the first time, after reading reviews and hearing local recommendations. We were not disappointed. The food was quite delicious. My husband had smoked salmon, fillet steak and cheese; I went for the chicken liver parfait, roast lamb and lemon/ginger cheesecake. The portions were just perfect and I loved the mini dessert as I could then have a scoop of ice cream. The produce is all locally produced and fresh. Extensive wine list with most wines being available by the glass so you can choose a different wine per course. The "sauternes taste test" was exciting, thank you Debbie. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were attentive and friendly, even when my husband set the menu alight with the tea light candle! I had no idea we had such a gem on our doorstep.

• Visited April 2013