“A Fantastic B&B”
Review of The Bull Inn

The Bull Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Bull Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Battle B&B and Inns
london
“A Fantastic B&B”
Reviewed August 24, 2009

The Bar Staff are so friendly and the rooms are fit for a king i have stayed in the bull inn for a number of times with the faimily the food is so lovely. The building still has alot of its original features.

Prices are reasonabal

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
sussex
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I found The Bull Inn quite by chance, late one Saturday night, when I was in dire need of a room. I was tired and emotional after a nasty break-up with my partner, but Liz and her husband were instantly warm, helpful and considerate, showing me to a beautiful room with a lovely modern ensuite shower room. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and I instantly felt safe and comfortable. In the morning, I was greeted warmly, and served a huge full english breakfast, which was perfectly cooked. Despite the sad circumstances, I could still appreciate what a lovely place it is, and consider myself very lucky to have discovered it. I recommend it to everyone I know, and wish Liz & co every success with their new business-they deserve it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank SussexSilversurfer
Gloucestershire
Reviewed August 8, 2008

An astonishingly unpleasant place. Our room was filthy with dead wasps on the window ledge, power points attached to the wall with gaffer tape, the bed propped up at one end with a book and with a door that was about four inches too short.

I didn’t think places like this still existed. At sixty quid a night it is criminal.

An absolute hovel.

Stayed June 2008
VanmanGuestling, Owner at The Bull Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2009
This comment could certainly be considered true at the time it was written, however we took over the Bull Inn at the very end of October 2008 and like to think that we have already made a tremendous difference not only to the cleanliness of the place but also to the general ambience and the hospitality to be found there.
The rooms, including bathrooms, are at present under going a complete refurbishment programme.The kitchens have undergone a complete deep clean with new equipment having been installed replacing what we consider to have been below acceptable standard items, this has already been reflected in the vastly improved numbers we have seen eating at The Bull Inn.
While the above comment is certainly a valid reflection of how things were it makes it very difficult for new people who have taken over a business to go forward in rebuilding a reputation that had so obviously failed under the auspices of the previous owners. Please come back and re-assess us.
The Netherlands
Reviewed June 17, 2008

My partner and I were going to a wedding and had left booking rather late. After many calls, I realized everywhere was very full. I obtained the details of this place from another local hotel.

It was the worst place that I have ever stayed at. Although the sheets on the bed were clean, the rest of the room was filthy. The bathroom was moldy and generally grotty. The towels were smelly and, of course, only one was provided per person. The toilet had not even been flushed by a previous user! The bath had a shower head at one end but there was no shower curtain. The rooms were advertised as having tea/coffee making facilities. All I could find was a couple of used, chipped cups. I did not want to touch anything or even take my shoes off! In the morning, when we went down to breakfast (at the arranged time), we could only find the cleaner and a dog. Fortunately the cleaner made quite a decent cooked breakfast for us. However, I'm not sure what we would have done if she had not been around. Unfortunately the dog was also interested in our breakfast and so we spent the whole time on edge with it sitting on one of the seats at our table. The mugs for the tea were chipped and stained. Now I understand why the inn owner asked for payment (60 pounds!) as soon as we arrived!! For 60 pounds, I have stayed in lovely hotels and B&Bs in various parts of the UK. Let this review be a warning! I would have rather spent the night in our car! The only thing that people may find favorable is that it is centrally located in Battle. However, this does come along with noise from the street (and the pub below of course).

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirt, noise, bathroom, staff (lack of), towels, etc...
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Susy48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
George Hotel
#4 of 5 in Battle
The Brickwall Hotel
The Brickwall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Sedlescombe

Been to The Bull Inn? Share your experiences!