“Never stay there!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bull Inn

The Bull Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Bull Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Battle B&B and Inns
The Netherlands
“Never stay there!”
Reviewed June 17, 2008

My partner and I were going to a wedding and had left booking rather late. After many calls, I realized everywhere was very full. I obtained the details of this place from another local hotel.

It was the worst place that I have ever stayed at. Although the sheets on the bed were clean, the rest of the room was filthy. The bathroom was moldy and generally grotty. The towels were smelly and, of course, only one was provided per person. The toilet had not even been flushed by a previous user! The bath had a shower head at one end but there was no shower curtain. The rooms were advertised as having tea/coffee making facilities. All I could find was a couple of used, chipped cups. I did not want to touch anything or even take my shoes off! In the morning, when we went down to breakfast (at the arranged time), we could only find the cleaner and a dog. Fortunately the cleaner made quite a decent cooked breakfast for us. However, I'm not sure what we would have done if she had not been around. Unfortunately the dog was also interested in our breakfast and so we spent the whole time on edge with it sitting on one of the seats at our table. The mugs for the tea were chipped and stained. Now I understand why the inn owner asked for payment (60 pounds!) as soon as we arrived!! For 60 pounds, I have stayed in lovely hotels and B&Bs in various parts of the UK. Let this review be a warning! I would have rather spent the night in our car! The only thing that people may find favorable is that it is centrally located in Battle. However, this does come along with noise from the street (and the pub below of course).

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirt, noise, bathroom, staff (lack of), towels, etc...
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Susy48

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)