We had an excellent stay in The Sutherland house just before Christmas. This is a very good restaurant with some iconic rooms. We stayed in the Duke of York room which has a great atmosphere with a high decorated ceiling. The location good with just ten minutes or so walk to the sea, although I suspect that the parking might be a bit of a problem in high season. It is not really a traditional hotel, but Southwold is well served with great pubs. However the key attraction is the restaurant, which has some great local food and well worth a visit even if you are not staying here. On top of this the staff were very friendly and made us feel very much at home. I would strongly recommend this for a short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel set in a medieval building in the beautiful seaside town of Southwold. Included in THE TIMES; 30 coolest hotels on the coast. April 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutherland House Hotel And Restaurant
- Sutherland Hotel Southwold
- Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant Southwold, Suffolk