I often stay in Southwold, and have eaten in many of the assorted restaurants in the area. On this summer trip my aunt and I were treated with a fabulous lunch at Sutherland House. The hotel itself is beautiful inside and full to brimming with Southwold charm. The staff were extremely friendly, welcoming and also had great knowledge on the menu, which is great if you're not very good at choosing. They went the extra mile to ensure that every aspect of our lunch was perfect. I love sea-food and choose the sea-food tagliatelle..honestly it was the best sea-food I have had in this country, fresh, beautifully cooked and seasoned and well presented. After lunch we were shown to a tranquil seated garden area with plenty of tree shade where we had coffee before heading off to the close by sea-front.
I will definitely re-visit and would highly recommend it to any food lover!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel set in a medieval building in the beautiful seaside town of Southwold. Included in THE TIMES; 30 coolest hotels on the coast. April 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutherland House Hotel And Restaurant
- Sutherland Hotel Southwold
- Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant Southwold, Suffolk