I would classify Sutherland House as a Boutique Hotel with an excellent Restaurant more than B&B. A couple of pointers to help others are, there was one parking space on-site, though there was plenty of free parking within a 0.5-3 minute walk, which made it easy, so similar to the normal car parking lot march at a Sheraton. Now that is the only nit out of the way... We ate dinner, then breakfast in the hotel, relaxing in the comfort of an open fire, service was perfectly attentive and timely. The meals were exquisitely crafted, with locally sourced food and a good wine list. Points of note for me were the Hotel cooked bread, the Venison for dinner and smoked Haddock for breakfast, delightful. The bedroom was a fabulous period room, with the original Elizabethan plasterwork on the ceiling and some exposed timbers, the bed was large and comfortable. If you are looking for comfortable, relaxing and marvellous food for your break, this is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel set in a medieval building in the beautiful seaside town of Southwold. Included in THE TIMES; 30 coolest hotels on the coast. April 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutherland House Hotel And Restaurant
- Sutherland Hotel Southwold
- Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant Southwold, Suffolk