My partner and I treat ourselves to a weekend away every December as our Christmas present. We like to visit somewhere pretty on the coast with nice places to visit. It's also important to us to have a lovely room to relax in as opposed to a poky hotel room where the bed takes up all the space!
The Sutherland House hotel and Southwold ticks all those boxes!
We stayed in the Duke of York room which is very spacious, comfortable and warm, it was ideal for relaxing as it had a flat screen TV, DVDs and furniture plus the beautiful carved ceiling.
We had dinner at the hotel the first night which was superb! Every course was beautiful and the service was top notch.
The breakfasts were equally lovely and the homemade black pudding is very tasty.
Thank you to Andy and Theresa who looked after us very well, we would love to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel set in a medieval building in the beautiful seaside town of Southwold. Included in THE TIMES; 30 coolest hotels on the coast. April 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutherland House Hotel And Restaurant
- Sutherland Hotel Southwold
- Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant Southwold, Suffolk