Just arrived back from Southwold after a 2 nights spent at The Sutherland. What a lovely relaxing time we have had. We stayed in The Duke of York room with its wonderful ceiling and what a delightful room it is. The bed was so comfortable that we didnt want to get out (lovely firm mattress and very nice snugly duvets and pillows with crisp fresh white linen) The bathroom has been newly refurbished (We were the guinea pigs) and has been done extremely well. The shower is amazing and again once in didnt want to come out, lovely fluffy large towels,dressing gowns and luxury toiletries.
Dinner in the restaurant was excellent likewise breakfast. Full Suffolk one morning, Kippers And Eggs Florentine the next. Plenty of Tea and Toast with more of each offered
Our welcome was lovely and the service from all was lovely warm friendly and helpful until the moment we left. Wish we could have stayed longer and will be going back very soon hopefully.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel set in a medieval building in the beautiful seaside town of Southwold. Included in THE TIMES; 30 coolest hotels on the coast. April 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutherland House Hotel And Restaurant
- Sutherland Hotel Southwold
- Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant Southwold, Suffolk