All reviewshonesty bargames roombeautiful parklandlatitude festivalstable blockidyllic settingoak beamslovely breakfast roomrustic charmamazing buildingretired race horsesamazing roomcoach houseother guestsb and bdietary requirementscommunal areas
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Our only criticism is that a shower would be great. This must no put you off. Here is the low-down. We stay and have stayed, business and leisure, in a number of great hotels and venues. The Stables is right up there,! This is no ordinary B&B, this is a real gem where Nick and the team do a first-class job to make your stay especially wondrous. Whatever your reason for visiting this area The Stables should be your first choice - honestly. A walk down to the enchanting lake on the country estate is a must too.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I stayed here as part of a extended weekend break to Southwold and thought that staying in a estate park would be great, because I wanted to see the free wandering horses. The location is stunning and peaceful and we stayed in the smaller room but it was lovely with a huge bath. It was a very relaxed stay with attentive but not in your face owners who made it a pleasure. Breakfast was really quite excellent, with thought gone into the menu. Good selection of DVDs and the honesty bar and snacks in the games room where a nice idea. I think this is definitely on my list of a fabulous B&B's and I would recommend it. There are complimentary brownies in reception which we could not help taking when we came back in of an evening to go with a cup of tea. The location is not too far from Southwold and is worth it if you want to get away from it for a bit. Bedrooms were very tasteful shabby chic just my cup of tea. Just wish I lives in this part of the world as people are just so friendly not what I am used to living in Leamington Spa.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2010

my partner and I made a last minute booking at The Stables, Henham Park - as per the other reviews and ratings - it really is quite special, simple, spacious, tranquil and with discreet but excellent service and hosting. Very comfy bed in Minsmere room - small fridge in room would be a bonus (plenty of space) but only suggestion for improvement.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2010

We stayed a single night during the Easter school break. The place is lovely, and the host incredibly helpful. Its the sort of place I aspire to live in, sympathetically renovated, surrounded by beautiful countryside, but close enough to Southwold and Aldebrough to enable eating out. Don't miss a trip to Snape Maltings. The breakfast was lovely (an extensive choice) all cooked to order. Also film/book library, honesty bar and free muffins on arrival. Really special, and marvellous value. PS - on the site of the Latitude festval so I imagine difficult to get a room at that time.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I cannot believe this place, it was perfect from the start. If you want the perfect host (available at all times and yet invisible at the same time), if you want quiet, relaxation, countryside, space, comfort, its all here. The breakfast was beautifully served with everything freshly cooked and plentiful, around the large dining room table with other guests. Because its situated on a private estate, you have permission to take a walk around the lake and around the wood following the markers, all making a perfect morning! Well done Nick, you obviously put in a lot of hard work, but make it look effortless! Cannot recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple