All reviewshonesty bargames roombeautiful parklandlatitude festivalstable blockidyllic settingoak beamslovely breakfast roomrustic charmamazing buildingretired race horsesamazing roomcoach houseother guestsb and bdietary requirementscommunal areas
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed here at the start of August, we had the Minsmere family room, this was huge and ideal for 2 adults and two kids. One of the best B+B's we've stayed in.
My Mum stayed in the Southwold room which was also very large and tastefully decorated. Nick the owner was very friendly and really helpful.
The breakfast was delicious with a good choice, something for everyone.
Ideally located for the beaches of Southwold and Walberswick, we preferred Walberswick as this was less busy, good crabbing off the bridges and The Bell pub serving a great pint of Adnams.
A lovely holiday ....Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We got married in May and stayed here for 2 nights over our wedding! The room was beautiful, Extremley large and very well equipped.
Breakfast was lovely on both mornings, only thing my partner and i didnt like was that you sat on the same table as the other guests!
We would definatley love to go again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2011

As a child my grandmother lived at Henham. She was the eldest daughter of the 4th Earl. As a granny she lived in the cottage just to the right of the Stables BnB and I would visit her and my aunt in the summer holidays and while away my time wandering the fields of Henham.
Now anyone with a booking can do it and it was an incredible experience to share with my own children and realise that this is truly a remarkable spot in the world .
The enveloping darkness of the night, the sheer audacity of the mooing cows at 6 am, the discoveries around each bend in the woods and the warmth and hospitality shown by Nick and Harmony the charming hotliers, is enough to make me want to come back again and again.
This is a gem and the breakfast is top notch- we had no problem getting extras at breakfast as discussed in another review... we simply asked and they were provided with a cheery smile from the lovely young lady serving us.
Well worth staying outside the town of Southwold.

Room Tip: bring eyeshades for the bright sunshine at 5am!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We had a one night stay, location was lovely, very quiet. Rooms were large and beamed but I felt it lacked a "soul" for want of a better word. Breakfast was served in a large dining hall on a shared table which was great, you get to fill a menu card out the night before and your bowl of cereal, yogurt etc gets served to you so no chance for extras!! at times we wondered if there was any staff it was so quiet.
I should imagine it would be a great place for a family or friends get together.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We stayed here in late April for one night and it was absolutely beautiful. From the road, you wouldn't necessarily know it was here but once you drive into the grounds you see why it is probably a best kept secret - nobody wants to share it!!

The rooms are well decorated and so large you could practically hold a dinner party in them; ours was replete with oak beams and low leaded-light windows and was both comfy and cosy. The bathroom was clean and functional and if I only had one gripe it would be that there wasn't a shower in ours (only a bath) but I was made aware of this when I booked so it wasn't really a problem.

Breakfast was included and this was also very good - a choice of traditional full English or smaller things if you weren't that hungry (we were!) Plenty of choice and they would cater for special requirements if needed.

But the best thing of all was the stunning parkland itself. We took the time to walk around the grounds after breakfast and with the sun shining, the scenery was beautiful and we hardly saw another person...plenty of cows, deer and a snake though! Maps were provided and the Stables' owners couldn't be more helpful in terms of which direction we should head off in, even supplying free water and a chocolate brownie (or two!) when we got back.

I would definitely go back again...this would be an ideal setting for a romantic getaway or even just a peaceful break in the countryside, knowing that Southwold and the coast is only just up the road. It wasn't the cheapest accommodation, but you do get what you pay for and in this case, it was definitely worth it. Thank you for having us!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple