Stayed at Newlands for a long weekend in Southwold and really enjoyed both the accommodation and area! Newlands is a sort of cross between a B&B and a small country hotel, boasting facilities that you wouldn't expect in a B&B, including some gym equipment and an indoor swimming pool. I stayed in the Walberswick room - a light spacious well-equipped modern bedroom with a very large bathroom, complete with a Jacuzzi-style bath. Breakfast was traditional and excellent - I can recommend scrambled eggs and sausage though the 'Full English' was also available. Patrick was a great host and was very welcoming. Only gripes were the bedroom didn't have a shower (though Patrick supplied a plastic jug!!) and even though it was a last minute booking and the height of the holiday season, I felt that at £100 per night it was still little pricy for what it was, even though I had a discount for a four night stay. The accommodation has ample parking off road and Southwold beach is about a 25 minute walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- only a mile from the town centre is award winning NEWLANDS COUNTRY HOUSE ETB 4 STAR SILVER offering first class accommodation, Level access En-suite Garden Rooms with full disabled facilities, Family rooms, heated indoor swimming pool & ample off road parking large gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Newlands Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newlands Country House Hotel Southwold
- Newlands Country Hotel
- Newlands Country House Southwold, Suffolk