“Average indian meal”

Shoeme Balti house
Ranked #39 of 50 Restaurants in Southwold
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Decided to have a takeaway so tried this place. Had to wait 20 minutes as the food was cooked to order-I had a vegetable korma which the sauce was ok but where were the vegetables?! Sag aloo was tasty though. My partner had king prawn tikka masala and the sauce was bright red and a bit tasteless-considering it was cooked to order, wasn't that hot, heat wise-had better takeaways. All said the man who took our order was very friendly!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We did not know the area and needed to eat before driving home. The meals arrived before the bread which We had to wait for. The meal was absolutly disgusting. When i informed the manager of this hé was very rude. He thought we didnt want to pay and said he was going to call the police i explained the good was terrible not That we were not paying. It was à waste of money and we both felt sick yuk!! Dont eat here!!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I'd just like to add my voice to those saying that this is a great little South Asian takeaway. My son and I were staying in Southwold during a cycling holiday. Everywhere in the town seemed to be full, too expensive or both. Then we stumbled across this place... It looks unprepossessing from the outside but don't be misled by the appearance.

They serve a great range of South Asian food, including the standard favourites as well as several specialities from northern Pakistan that you don't often see in "Indian" restaurants in the UK. All the food was tasty with fresh flavours. The naan was especially good.

The only downside is that, while you can sit at one of the tables inside to have your mean, they don't serve any drinks other than water or cans/bottles from the fridge. If they offered tea, lassi, fruit juice or other non-alcoholic drinks, I would have given them 5 stars.

Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We ordered a very large order on Sunday evening. I asked for a variation on one sauce to which they were very unhelpful and wanted to demand a further £2 per dish! At this point I wish I had left! Food tasteless and very over priced for very bland dishes. Would never return.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We love Indian food and have to say that our first takeaway from here the other night was brilliant. Every dish was fantastic. We like hot curries but they have to be full of other flavours..and three of us are vegetarian. this certainly hit the mark. Highly recommended

1  Thank Norfolkdoc