“Not worth the wait”
Review of Mrs T's

Mrs T's
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Southwold
Cuisines: Fast Food
Description: Fish and chips with small eating in section along the harbour road, in a wooden shack
Reviewed May 7, 2013

At the end of the day it is fish and chips! And not worth waiting 1 hour 15 mins for!!! So so slow. And when u get it yeah it's delicious but like I said it is just fish and chips so how good can it be??

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I really like the Aldeburgh chip shop and Mark's in Southwold can be pretty good, but Mr T's is probably the best.
Only gripes, don't like plastic cutlery or cardboard boxes, would happily pay 50p more for a plate and stainless steel tools.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We own a caravan at Dunwich and every time we visit we go to Mrs T's for lunch. We get there early as the queue soon builds. It is the best fish and chips ever. We take our folding chairs and sit by the river (or in the car if the weather is bad). In the winter when Mrs T's is not open we go to Aldburgh which is supposed to be the best fish and chips. We much prefer Mrs T's. No aftertaste of the fat it is cooked in. There is a restaurant at Mrs T's but most people seem to prefer take away. Can't wait for our first visit this year.

1  Thank EssexRatty
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went to mrs t's fish and chip shop having been there before on many occasions and was really looking forward to my fish supper. I ordered cod and chips and it was rubbish. The batter was like a wet sock surrounding the fish. As I pulled the batter back to reveal the fish it wasn't cooked properly it was wet and slimy. Whenever I have bought fish from this shop before the batter has been the best bit. Crisp and golden brown with a lovely piece of fish underneath. It wouldn't surprise me if this shop is under new management because the people serving I didn't recognise as the usual people. A great shame because it was dinfinitly the best fish and chips I had ever tasted. I won't be bothering to go there again it just wasn't worth the journey.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Expect a long wait on a busy day but well worth it! A rare sunny Good Friday had brought the crowds out but once you've ordered you can usually work how how long the wait will be and either find a seat or go for a short walk. The quality and quantity of the meal was unsurpassed. Don't know what their secret is but the batter, fish and chips are absolutely delicious.

1  Thank jaydeeEastAnglia