We love Southwold - not too commercialised and with a relaxed atmosphere. The hotel is well situated for walks along the coast to the pier. The accommodation was excellent - spacious, well appointed and with good facilities. We would recommend paying a little extra for the better rooms. The staff were excellent - attentive but not too intrusive. We have already booked again. It's a real treat to be able to get away to good old traditional comfort and friendly hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing proudly on Southwold’s High Street, The Crown is at the heart of the town and just moments away from the beach. Something of a Suffolk food institution, The Crown has always offered outstanding quality food and wine in a wonderfully informal setting. The wine list boasts a tantalising range of wines by the glass, one doesn’t have to have a bottle. It also showcases a range of well kept and award-winning Adnams beers and spirits. Our 14 bedrooms are all stylish and full of character, offering a high standard of accommodation and a comfortable, memorable stay in Southwold. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel Southwold
- Crown Southwold
- Crown Hotel Southwold
- The Crown Southwold, Suffolk