“Good pub food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Red Lion has a very varied menu. I’m fussy but I can always find something I like. Although we don’t have one l like that dogs are welcome.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (756)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited on two occasions while on short four day break. On both visits the staff were polite, friendly and helpful. Menu quite simple but sufficient choice and reasonably priced.
Food all excellent.
The atmosphere is very pleasant making this our favourite pub in Southwold.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were only in Southwold for two nights and chose here to eat both nights, the first night I had the fish and chips with the deep fried fish being the best I have ever tasted. my partner had the bellypork which he reported to be incredably nice. the following night I had the venison and my partner had the rabbit stew again the food was very nice, full of flavour and served quickly and hot. While there the second evening there was some live music which mae the visit even better. I will deffinatly come back here next time I visit Southwold

Reviewed September 4, 2019

We had a couple of drinks and sat outside, but inside there was a woman sat at the window (inside) and she was just ranting away at anyone within earshot. Didn't make for a friendly atmosphere, surely the barstaff could ask her to leave or calm down at least.
Nice st on South Green though.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

Visted with my parents. Was busy due to summer holidays but we managed to find a table. Staff was lovely, and even gave us a refund on our onion rings because the frier was damaged and we waited a long time for them. We didn't ask for a refund nor mind at all but this gesture was lovely and much appreciated. Food and Desert was top quality and it was just an all round very pleasent visit.

Date of visit: August 2019
theredlionsouthwold, Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2019

Good evening and thank you very much for your kind review. We are extremely happy you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you again!