We stayed at Riverside Hotel for 2 nights and can highly recommend it. The hotel looks recently decorated to an extremely high standard. Furnishings are of very high quality. We had a good sized bedroom at the front of the hotel overlooking the pretty church and cottages opposite. The excellent bathroom was modern with a very large shower. We had afternoon tea overlooking the beautifully maintained garden which goes down to the river. Afternoon tea was half the price of all the places we have previously eaten at and we can highly recommend it, the setting with the comfy lounge and beautiful garden cannot be beaten. Breakfast in the dining room overlooking the garden was delicious. We did not know what to expect when we booked this hotel but we really look forward to returning. It us a good central base for touring Cambridge and that area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riverside House Hotel is set on the picturesque banks of the river Lark and is located in the attractive historic town of Mildenhall. Despite undergoing a complete renovation in 2010, this 18th-century building has maintained its beautiful period features and is now bursting with a contemporary, modern charm. If you require spacious conference facilities for all your business related events, private dinners, weddings, parties, or summer barbecues, our picturesque grounds, stylish rooms and finest local cuisine, the Riverside House is the perfect venue. The hotel is situated near to the A11 and provides our guests with good access to all the local areas such Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Newmarket, Thetford and Cambridge - so whether you are looking for a relaxing break, a day at Newmarket races or wanting to find out more about this historic town and its surrounding villages, the Riverside House Hotel is the perfect location from which to venture. Mildenhall is host to a number of first class sporting events; our local football team is fast climbing the ranks of the semi-professional league, our cricket team boasts one of the finest grounds in the county and is host to a number of minor county games during the summer and for the more aquatic minded there is an excellent pool 5 minutes from the hotel. The Riverside has its own floodlit, 2 court petanque (boules) court in the garden for everyone to enjoy (except some Monday nights when we play in the local league. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Riverside House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Hotel Mildenhall
- Riverside House Hotel Mildenhall, England